SEL35mm Photozone Testing

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by serhan, Oct 20, 2013.

1. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    http://www.photozone.de/sony_nex/849-sony35f18nex

2. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    ... and

3. Mattithjah

Mattithjah TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 17, 2013
    Czech Republic
    Matěj
    "Thus given the performance characteristic, speed, OSS and build quality the price seems fair from our perspective ... if you can find a decent sample".

Hmmm, this lens is not for me...

4. starmite

starmite TalkEmount Regular

Dec 20, 2012
    I must have received a "decent sample" when I bought mine when these were introduced. It's a wonderful lens and if you look at Photozone's "star ratings" for this lens compared with other Nex lenses used on the Nex-7, you'll find it to be one of the highest ratings given by Photozone for a Nex-7 lens application. It easily approaches Zeiss results for non-pixel peepers for less than half the price. How far wrong can you go; this lens is a no-brainer for use on the Nex-7 if you choose not to spend for the Zeiss.

5. shaolin95

shaolin95 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    The must be a TON of "decent" samples out there because I hardly ever see anyone complain about this lens....so yeah, I am not giving too much credit to that article.

6. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Klaus from Photozone is pretty pissed right now because he had to return most Sony E-Mount lenses he bought just because of bad centering quality, so I understand his harsh words. However, it's true that the quality control per unit isn't that great at Sony - which is one of the biggest advantages of the Touit 1.8/32 over the Sony 1.8/35.

Still, the lens performed well and if you don't mind the build quality, the design or the color rendering, it's a good choice for sure.

7. starmite

starmite TalkEmount Regular

Dec 20, 2012
    Snarky and not clever.

8. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    That's my opinion. You can get awesome results with this lens for sure, I never doubt that.