1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

SEL1018 vs SEL16F28 + ECU + ECF

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by Grisu_HDH, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Grisu_HDH

Grisu_HDH TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Markus
    Hi mates.
    Owning the great @6000 now for some weeks and really love the step I've done from the 5T.

Today I found a 3 month old SEL1018 on the bay nearby for around 550€...
    Owning the SEL16F8 + both converters I think about selling this combo and getting the SEL1018 to match my @6000 sensor better than the old 16F28...
    Do you think that makes sense?
    Is it worth the extra money?
    Can't wait to get your input...

2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    It's a great lens. Go for it! :thumbup:

3. Grisu_HDH

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Markus
    Any more thoughts on this?
    Is it really worth the money?
    Such BIG difference to 16F28+ECU???

Due to the fact that I want to reduce my gear and want to sell the 16F28 + converters... and now I'm afraid I will miss the Fisheye... :-(

4. fractal

fractal TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 17, 2014
    Southeastern PA
    Chris
    I would go with the 10-18. The 16mm came with my original NEX-3 and I bought the convert only because at the time there was no other option to go wider. It's a fun combo and not bad for the $, but the 10-18 is superior. The other advantage for the 10-18 is it's ability to be used on an A7 series camera as most of the focal range covers the FF sensor.

5. Grisu_HDH

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Markus
    Bought the used 10-18 yesterday and picked it up directly at the seller, just 20km away.
    Payed 540EUR for a 3 month old lens with original Amazon.de invoice, so I think that was a good deal... :)

Already found a buyer for my SEL16F28 with converters and my 3 49mm filters on ebay in around 6 hours...

Also picked up a Hoya filter set with 62mm on Amazon with step up rings for 49mm and 55mm lenses, so I just need one filter set for all lens sizes

• Like Like x 2
  6. fractal

fractal TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 17, 2014
    Southeastern PA
    Chris
    Great deal -

Looking forward to some pics!

7. tutomate

tutomate New to TalkEmount

Dec 3, 2014
    Sounds like a great deal. Wish some one had that here locally in California.

Also like the Rokinon 12MM trying to decide between the two. Though the Zeiss 12mm 2.8 is selling for non-astronomical prices on eBay.

Decisions, decision.