1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

SEL 50mm/1,8 and 55-210mm just arrived!

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by Michael Johansson, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Michael Johansson

Michael Johansson TalkEmount Regular

Dec 15, 2012
    Ystad, Sweden
    Michael Johansson
    When I came home from work my long awaited lenses hade finaly arrived from UK. At first glance all looked all right although I do find the silverish finish of the lens barrels a bit strange. Hopefully they will deliver better IQ than AQ (Appearance Quality ;)).

Unfortunately I will be working Friday, Saturday and Sunday and here i Sweden it is dark when I go to work and dark when I go home. Cameras are strictry NO-NO at work so I am stuck with just playing around indoors. One thing I noticed with the zoom is the really lousy lens shade. It is almost impossible to fit forward or reversed. Is it supposed to be like that or is there something wrong in mine? Perhaps it will loosen upp after a couple of mountings and removals? It is not at all like that on my SEL 18-55mm and the SEL 50mm/1,8!

2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Congrats on the new lenses. If I remember, when my 55-210 was new it also had a stiff fit to the hood, but it loosened up over time. No longer an issue.

3. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Congrats Michael! On a recent holiday photo trip, I often wished I had the 55-210... I'm jellish! :)