Sedona AZ

Discussion in 'Nature' started by AlwaysOnAuto, Jun 22, 2016.

1. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    Took a side trip to Sedona on my way to KC Mo last week. Just got back today after three days in the seat of my hot rod Honda.
    I'm a little intimidated by ggibson's pics of Yosemite but here goes anyways.
    Remember, I've only had my A7ii for two weeks prior to going on this trip and haven't shot much at all with it prior to this. It does take some time to figure out the menus compared to the Nex-7.
    I'll add to this thread later, but here's a sample to get it started. SOOC jpg, using the LTM Nikkor 50 f1.4. DSC05433.JPG

• Like Like x 7
  2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    A stunning part of AZ

Sent from my SM-N920P using TalkEmount app

3. -et-

-et- TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 26, 2013
    Southern California
    Tom
    Do you agree with my suggestion that Sedona was worth a deviation from the direct route to KC?

I have been there in summer and also in winter when snow was on the red rocks. Both seasons are gorgeous, IMO.

- Tom-

4. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Beautiful scene!

5. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    What?!! One photo?!! Dude... :popcorm2:

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Couldn't add a "Funny" and "Agree" rating to your post at the same time, so: I agree!

7. AlwaysOnAuto

Feb 17, 2015
    It would have been a lot better if I hadn't been there on a late Sunday afternoon, that had the place packed with people wall to wall, no place to park, hot, after an all day drive.
    Got stuck behind a 28 ft Airstream going south on 89A so I was able to sit back and enjoy most of the views except for all the people walking in the road. Basically the place was a zoo that weekend and the only place I could find to park was a lookout/observation turnout on the far south side of the canyon.

Yeah, only ONE photo so far. I'd driven from St. George Utah to Orange County yesterday, all before 9AM so wasn't in the mood or shape to deal with the computer. Besides, I had to get the bugs off my car first (sorry, I'm a car guy who happens to take pictures).

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. AlwaysOnAuto

Feb 17, 2015
    DSC05429.JPG
    The clouds were moving so the rocks were in/out of shadow. The downloaded pics don't do justice to what the lens captured. The detail of the rocks at full size is amazing, at least to me.

• Like Like x 5
  9. -et-

-et- TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 26, 2013
    Southern California
    Tom
    That is definitely an issue these days, ever since it has been inundated by tourists. I was first there in 1951, when it was still a sleepy little place with stunning scenery. Even in 1967 it was still quiet and gorgeous, but it was subsequently discovered by both the tourists and the "crystal power" hippies, and now has to overcome the crowds. (Not normally a problem in the winter, and snow on the red rocks can provide a less common view.)

- Tom -

• Like Like x 1