• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Screen protector

teefin1

TalkEmount Top Veteran
I've notIced a couple of scratched on my new 5n already, could anyone recommend which screen protector is useful? Stick on or hard?

Many thanks and apologies if this has been to death elsewhere.

applemint

TalkEmount Veteran
I use a GGS one on my Nex 5 and it's done an excellent job so far (nearly 2 years)
GGS Rigid LCD Screen Protector Glass for Sony NEX-5N NEX-C3 NEX-5C NEX3 NEX5 New | eBay

Only thing I am not sure of is how it affects the touch screen of the 5n (or if it does). I am not really a big fan of those plastic stick on things as they are almost impossible to align 100% and I found the so called anti glare ones actually made the screen harder to see in some situations! That said, I do have a clear plastic one (ScreenPatronus) on my GF3 though which claims to have an anti glare coating and although the alignment is not 100% perfect, apart from that it's fine - no problem seeing the image and touch screen works fine. They do one for the Nex too: 3 Screen Protector Sony Alpha NEX-5N NEX-C3 | eBay Of the two is much prefer the GGS though - it looks much nicer as well, almost like it's part of the camera.

NickCyprus

Super Moderator
Real Name
Nick
When I bought my Nex-5 (used) it came eqquiped with an original Sony hard plastic screen protector. It was very scratched so I went to Sony to buy a replacement. They told me that they no longer carry those and offered me a semi-hard plastic/vinyl one (original Sony NEX-5N accessory but it fits the NEX-5 perfectly). I'm very pleased with my purchase.

edit: part # is PCK-LM1EA

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
When I bought my Nex-5 (used) it came eqquiped with an original Sony hard plastic screen protector. It was very scratched so I went to Sony to buy a replacement. They told me that they no longer carry those and offered me a semi-hard plastic/vinyl one (original Sony NEX-5N accessory but it fits the NEX-5 perfectly). I'm very pleased with my purchase.

edit: part # is PCK-LM1EA
+1

Here's my review...

https://www.talkemount.com/f13/sony-pck-lm1ea-semi-hard-screen-protector-review-1030/

teefin1

TalkEmount Top Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the replies, I went ahead and bought the Sony semi hard one; received it today, and its great! You wouldn't notice it was there, just wish I'd bought it sooner.....before that blooming scratch!

Thanks again, this site is fab :)

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
Think of that scratch as a 'Badge of Honour. '

My friend Kung Fu Panda calls it 'Authentic Battle Damage,' and it only raises the value of his toys... errrh sorry, Action Figures I mean...

:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom