SCAM DON'T FALL FOR IT

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Veteran
I was a bit concerned with a offer that I got from a supposed U.S. Marine for the 5D Mark-2 which I had listed on craigslist.com

First clue was when the offer was above the price I had quoted on craigslist. I offered the camera at $450 USD and the offer was $600...

Secondly was the fact that the "Marine" wanted me to send the camera to a friend in the state of Florida.

Then I received an email saying that the funds had been withdrawn from the account of the purchaser and would not be available to me until the item was shipped. I had never seen an email composed like this before in all my dealings with PayPal.

It purportedly was from "trackingPaypal@USA.com" and stated:

"This is to inform you that we have received your payment of $600.00 USD. from (bode_israel2001@yahoo.com) for item (Canon 5D Mark-2 + Battery Grip + Shipping), purchased from you via Craigslist. The money has now been deducted from the buyer's account and it can't be cancelled or refund."

"NOTE -- This PayPal payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED" but will remain PENDING until the shipping tracking number is sent to our customer service for shipment verification so as to secure both the buyer and the seller, by Replying to this email with the tracking number. You can as well send the tracking number to us at trackingpaypaI@usa.com "

Another indication of a scam was the sentence, "The money has now been deducted from the buyer's account and it can't be cancelled or refund." Correct English grammar would have stated "it can't be cancelled or refunded"

I went to my PayPal account and there is no indication of this transaction. I did a Google search and this does definitely appear to be a scam
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I am reporting the transaction to craigslist.com, to PayPal and to the Fraud Division of the Miami Florida District Attorney...

I also did this post on craigslist:
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/...963066695.html

I also reported this to the U.S. Postal Service as mail fraud

bdbits

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bob
I hate scammers. Thanks for reporting it. Hopefully they will find the perp and make his life miserable.

dbmiller

TalkEmount All-Pro
Yep - NEVER agree to send something to someone on Craigslist. Always meet in person at a safe place (like a police station) and get cash. Seen so many variations of that scam it's ridiculous.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom