1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Saved $46 on my recent FE 28mm lens purchase @ Greentoe

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by SamSS, Oct 30, 2015.

1. SamSS

SamSS TalkEmount Regular

Oct 11, 2014
    If you're looking to add this lens to your collection, chances are you won't find discount anywhere since its debut.
    Searched high and low from eBay to used forums. The discounts are not justify for being USED or NEW shipped from out of the country.
    I saw a flashing ad banner from somewhere and gave it a try after looking up at their website which seem to be quite convincing.
    No grey market, only new products, authorized retailers, USA warranties. Tax and shipping are included in the final "committed" price.

Sony FE 28mm f2 at Greentoe
    The progress:
    My initial offer to buy was $370 and set to expires in 7 days.
    In the same day, I've recieved 2 bids at $406 and $403 by email and text to my phone. Both of which I've declined but increased a new counter offer for $390
    Days gone by and just hours before expiration, I made an acceptance to purchase at $403 today which I knew it was the lowest possible price with tax and shipped included.

It was the best buying experience that I've ever made with a "live person" texting to me lowest prices found without pushy sale whatsoever.

I've already recieved a "SHIPPED" status 2 hours earlier directly from a retailer/merchant and due to recieve next week. Sadly, it's a ground shipping.

I would definitely shop with Greentoe again.

Disclaimers: I'm not in anyway affiliated with Greentoe.com nor retailers.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    This sounds like a good deal. Thanks for sharing. That said, I am not buying the authorized dealer part. Sony puts restrictions on retail prices from authorized dealers. That is why they all have the same prices and sales.

3. SamSS

SamSS TalkEmount Regular

Oct 11, 2014
    I've received a "SHIPPED" status directly from UNIQUE PHOTO yesterday's evening.
    I've looked up and Unique Photo retailer and is one of Sony's Authorized dealer in their directory list.
    http://www.sony.com/retailers

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    Wow! Yes Unique Photo is certainly an authorized dealer. I use them often as they are within driving distance here in NJ. I guess they are working around the retail price since it is not advertised on their site. I have to really check out Greetoe.com for my next purchase. Great find on your part

5. cvt01

cvt01 TalkEmount Regular

Jan 3, 2015
    I gave a $415 offer for a rokinon 12 f/28 fisheye (499 everywhere), they accepted it immediately. Right now they are running a promotion of additional 5% for all Rokinon lenses... they said they will send the money 4-5 weeks after the purchase... that's another $20 off... So 395 for the rokinon lens... that's a good price... tempting...

6. SamSS

SamSS TalkEmount Regular

Oct 11, 2014
    The lens came this evening just fine and dandy.

22801172202_760070a566_c.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. storyteller

storyteller TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 25, 2011
    I also got $40 off the SEL28f20 from Greentoe! I'll be looking at them again in the future.