SAR scooped by Wikileaks . . . sort of

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount News and Rumors' started by TonyTurley, Apr 19, 2015.

1. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    I have a Flipboard feed on my S5, and a story from a day or two ago claimed Wikileaks had published Sony's roadmap for 2015, and the story had been picked up by SAR. Some enterprising bloke decided to "embelish" the purported Wikileaks release. If I read this update correctly, the roadmap was correct, with a high-end APS-C and new A7X being announced in the next month, but the claim that the A-mount was being discontinued being totally bogus. I guess lots of folks are anxious to see what Sony has up their sleeves. (EDIT: SAR considers this SR5 material. Maybe they fixed the overheating in the A6000 successor? Maybe a magnesium alloy, weather sealed A7000 will appear? Stay tuned, folks.)

TT

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/very...-100-true-a-mount-document-image-is-100-fake/

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Hawkman

Hawkman TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    Agreed. I have been considering stepping up from the A3000 for some time now and, budget issues aside, am very curious what Sony has in store in APS-C E-mount in particular. It's been, what, 8 months or so since Sony has introduced a new APS-C camera (the A5100 being the last)? That's a somewhat unheard of gap for Sony.