RX100 iii - build quality and belt pouch questions

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by WT21, Aug 18, 2016.

1. WT21

WT21 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Not sure who here has the RX100 series, but just in case...

I just received an RX100 iii from Amazon warehouse in used condition. Looking to replace my RX100 first version.

Two questions:

1) the buttons and dials on this RX100 iii feel a lot looser and less solid than on my version 1. If this is the way it is, so be it, but as I bought it used from Amazon, I want to make sure it's not something that got abused (this was not pristine -- there was even a thumb print on the front lens)

2) The mkiii just barely is too big for my old mk1 belt pouch (a neoprene one with magnetic catch). Does anyone have a nice, compact belt pouch you found works on the iii? Especially one that DOESN'T use a zipper?

2. WT21

WT21 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Belt case follow-up:

I tried a number of cases, and ended up getting this one: https://www.amazon.com/MegaGear-Lea...00EQ1XTRU/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

On Amazon, the most popular reviews say you need to cut out for the front lens. But the more recent reviews says an RX100 iii and iv fit without modification. The one I received fits perfectly without modification, so they must have changed the build. Also, it might not be obvious in the picture, but it has a magnetic clasp at the bottom, and not a physical snap, which I really appreciate.