1. Welcome to TalkEmount.com—a friendly Sony E-mount camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Rumors of the 24mm f1.4 GM

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by slothead, May 26, 2019.

1. slothead

slothead TalkEmount Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Maryland
    Thomas Manson
    has anyone heard when we will start seeing things delivered? I am really anxious to get one. And I’m not at all pleased with how Sony has provided so much advance marketing to cause them to be so hard to get. I’ll probably be able to find a used one sooner than I will be able to find a new one!

2. msullivan

msullivan TalkEmount Regular Subscribing Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Phoenix AZ
    They have been arriving steadily for some time but the big dealers do not seem yet to have enough to build up stock. People who pre ordered have been slowly receiving them . Local dealers sometimes have one or two which are quickly snapped up. I bought mine about a month ago from Dell. Check around you may find one. I am very pleased with mine.

3. slothead

Mar 1, 2015
    Maryland
    Thomas Manson
    "Dell"? you mean the computer company? I didn't know they sold any photo stuff!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. slothead

Mar 1, 2015
    Maryland
    Thomas Manson
    Well
    well I guess they do! I just ordered it from Dell and cancelled my back order with B&H. It may have been a mistake if I find out that Dell can’t supply it either, but at this point I don’t care. I’ll get on one way or another.

5. Antonio Correia

Antonio Correia TalkEmount Regular

Feb 2, 2019
    Setúbal, Portugal
    Thomas, do not forget to post some shots here !
    I am taking longer to post because I have been ill... but I will do it soon. :) 
    I am sure we made a great and expensive choice !
    Cheers ! :) 

6. Kmac76

Kmac76 TalkEmount Veteran Subscribing Member

May 3, 2016
    New Jersey
    Kevin
    I have used dell for several of my lenses (24-240, 90 macro, and most recently the 10-18) the rewards program is decent and also having the preferred dell account/financing, there is usually 0% interest on items paid off in a certain amount of time. I have found their order status (in or out of stock) to be pretty accurate.

7. slothead

Mar 1, 2015
    Maryland
    Thomas Manson
    Well I might have made a mistake with this, but I ordered from Dell because they had it on their website, and now I’m wondering when they will ship it. They are now telling me that 1. It is backordered, 2. It is supposed to ship tomorrow, 3. They didn’t say whether that ship date applies to their source, or them shipping to me, but I suspect the former, meaning I don’t really think I can trust what they say. I’ll keep ya’all Posted if you are interested. The down side of this is actually that I cancelled my BHPH order so I’ve lost my place in their 1st come 1st served line.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.