1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Rollei lenses, any experience?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by henkeers, Apr 19, 2013.

1. henkeers

henkeers New to TalkEmount

Apr 18, 2013
    Today I'm going to recieve two Rollei lenses (QBM) for my NEX-6.

1. Rollei 135mm f/2.8 (same as the Voigtländer Color-Ultron 135mm f/2.8, I've heard..)
    2. Rollei 35-105 f/3.5 (rare?)

I'm excited as h*ll and I'm gonna try them out this weekend.

Anyone's whos got this lenses? Share photos!

2. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    Unfortunately no. Rollei was one of the better brands (when Canon & Nikon were thought to be cheap imitators with inferior class) and lenses were very highly regarded. 135mm/2.8 is supposedly very good, one of the best 135mm lenses around but I am not sure if the fame is due Zeiss, Schneider or Rollei own production ones. I doubt there is bad glass for Rolleis but old short zooms are not up to modern standards.

3. henkeers

henkeers New to TalkEmount

Apr 18, 2013
    Thank you! No, I'm not sure but I think that it's Schneider... Do you know how I can check this? I think that I read somewhere that it depends on where the lens is made.. I think (for Rollei) it's three options;
    1. Made in Japan
    2. Made in Singapore
    3. Made in West Germany

Correct me if I'm wrong..

4. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    Unfortunately no. If you know the exact model it is possible to google for it. To my understanding there are several manufacturers (Zeiss, Schneider, Rollei (with license from Zeiss) and several Japanese ones) for Rollei. Schneider is very good too, they have just moved out of manufacturing camera lenses (still design them).