1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Roll out of the A7 and A7r

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by bobbywise, Nov 14, 2013.

1. bobbywise

bobbywise TalkEmount Regular

Nov 6, 2013
    Nantes, France
    Robert Wisbey
    The A7 and A7r should be available very soon now.
    Please post here when you get your A7/A7r along with your location.
    I'm curious to see how the A7/A7r is rolled out :biggrin:

2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
  3. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    I pre-ordered from B&H on 10/20, have not had any updates about shipping except the vague 'early Dec' notice on the website that's been there all this while. Even if it ships, I can't get it any earlier than Dec 28 when my folks come to visit :(

4. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    I guess US orders might be on a slow ship...

Sb was saying he is picking up his in Honk Kong. Then I saw this:

Amazon Japan - A7 in stock, ¥ 134,800 ($1350)
    http://sonyff-forum.com/index.php/topic/62-amazon-japan-a7-in-stock-¥-134800-1350/

It looks like they also listed in US Amazon, A7 for $1600, A7R for $2200, however Japanese menu...

I checked ebay, bunch of sale from HK, cheapest ones are $1703 for A7 from HK, $2413 for A7R from HK:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Alpha-...274643?pt=Digital_Cameras&hash=item35ce4aca53
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Alpha-...040421?pt=Digital_Cameras&hash=item338776c6e5

• Like Like x 1
  5. serhan

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
  6. quezra

Aug 22, 2012
    I just saw they also slashed 100 pounds off the UK A7 with kit lens... still 200 pounds more than the US price uncut :/

7. bobbywise

Nov 6, 2013
    Nantes, France
    Robert Wisbey
    Got the A7 with kit lens earlier today (Friday 22nd).

8. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Got word from the Dutch seller that my A7 will be shipped today (November 26). It's due to arrive tomorrow, but then my wife and I are off to a concert so I'll probably miss it. I told my daughter not to leave the house until it's delivered but I'm afraid that's not going to happen :).

The shop must have gotten the A7's with the same boat as the 2 adapters from China that were delivered today, despite being ordered weeks apart. It looks like something/someone saves up shipments: customs, boats, ... :confused:

9. Deadbear77

Deadbear77 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
    I was going to pre order the A7 but now I'm up in arms again. I think I'm going to wait for some more hands on reviews on both to see witch one I will end up buying.

I'm really leaning toward the A7r now. Since I mostly use manual focus lenses I really don't care for the phase detection, the only thing that is holding me back is the non electronic front curtain.

Add, you will have to write up a small review once you get to use your a7. I trust your judgement.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkNEX mobile app

10. serhan

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    It is shipping in US & Canada. In US, A7, 35mm & 28-70mm are in stock, but A7R is only shipping for preorders...

11. addieleman

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Can't refuse now, can I? :) Will do!

• Like Like x 1
  12. LisaO

LisaO TalkEmount Rookie

Oct 18, 2013
    Mine (a7r) has shipped from B&H I ordered at 2:10 Am when it was announced. I will have it tomorrow evening.

13. serhan

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    • Like Like x 1
  14. quezra

Aug 22, 2012
    My dad is getting my A7 and bringing it over after Christmas so I'm afraid I can't provide any pics till Dec 29 :p

15. bobbywise

Nov 6, 2013
    Nantes, France
    Robert Wisbey
    Serhan, here's a test shot for you ;)

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/robertwisbey/11002843544/" title="Untitled by Robert Wisbey, on Flickr"> 11002843544_72ed2060a4_z. "640" height="427" alt="Untitled"></a>

• Like Like x 3
  16. LisaO

LisaO TalkEmount Rookie

Oct 18, 2013
    It has arrived...I took these before I opened the box which was so light it didn't even feel like there was a camera in it.
    Still trying to decide which strap to put on it.

• Like Like x 4
  17. nstelemark

nstelemark TalkEmount Regular

Oct 19, 2013
    I'm interested to hear how folks are making out with these bodies and adapted lenses.

Sent from my iPad using TalkNEX mobile app

18. addieleman

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Mine arrived yesterday, had only half an hour to play with it. I have to find out how the AF assist light can be turned off like I do on the NEX-6. If that isn't possible, I'll start agonizing whether to return the camera or not.

19. addieleman

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Found the option to switch off the AF illuminator, thanks quezra for pointing it out! I'm really starting to like this camera, but I'll put off my little write-up until next weekend when I can spend more time with it.

Meanwhile here's my first real picture, my daughter studying. Difficult fluorescent lighting (CFL), ISO 6400, Minolta MD 85/2 @ f/2, cropped. All data available in the EXIF.
    i-mKfjWWK-XL.

100 % crop. Default noise reduction in LR which only decreases color noise but no luminance noise reduction, my preference for 99.99 % of my pics. Sure, it's noisy but to me it looks good, no obtrusive color noise in the face.
    i-bK8nXsJ-XL.

• Like Like x 6