• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Showcase Rokinon 12mm f/2.0

Jman13

TalkEmount Regular
Surprised there's no archive for this lens yet. A nice, affordable ultra wide prime with a nice fast f/2.0 aperture. The lens is surprisingly small...smaller than the Zeiss 12mm, even though it's a stop faster. Initial impressions are that it's VERY sharp in the center and pretty good on the edges, though the corners still have a hint of softness even stopped down (though not bad at all). Biggest image quality issues are fairly significant CA (that can be corrected in LR) and pretty heavy vignetting. For the price, though, excellent performance.

Buckeye leaves: f/2
buckeye_sidewalk.jpg
ILCE-6000    ----       f/1.0    1/800s    ISO 100

Ohio Statehouse (first two at f/5.6, last at f/2)
ohio_house.jpg
ILCE-6000    ----       f/1.0    1/10s    ISO 400

ohio_senate.jpg
ILCE-6000    ----       f/1.0    1/50s    ISO 1250

house_column.jpg
ILCE-6000    ----       f/1.0    1/80s    ISO 400

GabrielPhoto

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Awesome. I have been thinking on upgrading from my SEL16 with UWA and this looks sweet! :)

Poki

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
It is one of those less known lenses.

I think that's just because it's new - just released a few months (weeks?) back. The price / performance ratio for sure is incredible! Were this lens available back when I bought my 12mm Zeiss Touit, I might well have considered this lens instead, and were it just for the brighter aperture.

WestOkid

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Gary

Hawkman

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Steve
Well, now I know what lens to put on the wish list for wide angle! :)

Sent from TalkEmount app on iPad

Poki

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Maybe, but when there is 16/2.8 for aps-c, why not to use nearly same design for ff? A little bit bigger lens…

Matej (sent from phone)

Because the quality is already bad on APS-C, and scaling lens designs also scales their downsides.

Latest posts

Top Bottom