1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Rodeo event NEX-6, Rokkor-X 135mm mostly 3200 iso and some 6400..lots of pics

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by shaolin95, Jun 1, 2014.

1. shaolin95

shaolin95 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    So, I went to a Rodeo event last night to test my NEX-6 again with the Rokkor X 135mm 2.8 although pretty much all pics were taken at F4 to give me more chances of good focus and to test what F4 will do for my camera thinking about the FE 70-200mm F4 lens.

Well, since I wanted to keep very fast shooter speeds of 800 (maybe 500 could have work but I wanted to test 3200 ISO for the most part too and some 6400).

In any case, I feel that I really want to try FF next, the A7 so I will rent it for my next even with the FE 70-200 to see if that makes a BIG difference.
    I had to use DXO prime to clean the images but at 3200 the Nex-6 is not going to give me the detail I want. For internet and smaller sizes it is fine but I am picky (and poor ...bad combo! lol) .

So here are lots of pics. :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  2. shaolin95

Jul 3, 2013
    Last set :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Well done.

Have not been to a rodeo in quite a while, makes me what to find one close.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Those are really good action shots. Well done. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    I think you did great! To be honest, I admir you for being able to take such nice (action) shots with a manual focus lens - I know I couldn't manage it ;)

6. shaolin95

Jul 3, 2013
    I am anything but a cowboy type myself but I truly enjoy these live events! :D This is my third one and cant wait for the next ones in July and August. :)

Thanks a lot! :)

Why thank you! Took me a while to get used to manual for action until I started working on the recommendations I read and of course, thank digital for letting us shoot, shoot and keep shooting! :D