1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Rocks

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by TonyTurley, Dec 28, 2014.

1. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    We have had a run of unusual and unpredictable weather lately. One day it will be sunny and 50+, another overcast and rainy. I thought Winter was finally returning last week, when it was very windy, cold, and pouring the rain. (It doesn't get much colder than a frigid December rain.) However, Saturday was quite nice again. Best part about hiking this time of year is one rarely sees other people in the woods. Olympus OM-D E-M5 + ZD 14-54 f/2.8-3.5.

Tony

_C271768_zps4583457e.

_C271771_zps615bf424.

_C271776_zpsd19187dc.

PS: That is not my shadow in #2. There was a big tree behind me and to my right that cast what I thought was an interesting shadow.

• Like Like x 1
  2. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Ridges & valleys...woods are pretty thick too.

2nd photo, top left corner, side edge of the rock next to large tree trunk looks like the side view of a head.
    ( black spot is the eye, then the nose, then a black crevice for the mouth, then the square jaw, LOL )

3. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Oh, yes. To get from photo #1 to photo #3 was quite a long steep climb. I love doing that, though. Buried in my archives from last Winter I have photos of these same hills covered in deep snow and ice, with a bright sun blazing through the trees. It was breathtaking.

Funny you should mention the head. My first thought on seeing the scene was that of a huge turtle head, with the point of the snout to the right.

Tony

• Like Like x 1