Rocks

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by TonyTurley, Dec 28, 2014.

1. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    We have had a run of unusual and unpredictable weather lately. One day it will be sunny and 50+, another overcast and rainy. I thought Winter was finally returning last week, when it was very windy, cold, and pouring the rain. (It doesn't get much colder than a frigid December rain.) However, Saturday was quite nice again. Best part about hiking this time of year is one rarely sees other people in the woods. Olympus OM-D E-M5 + ZD 14-54 f/2.8-3.5.

Tony

_C271768_zps4583457e.jpg

_C271771_zps615bf424.jpg

_C271776_zpsd19187dc.jpg

PS: That is not my shadow in #2. There was a big tree behind me and to my right that cast what I thought was an interesting shadow.

• Like Like x 1
  2. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Ridges & valleys...woods are pretty thick too.

2nd photo, top left corner, side edge of the rock next to large tree trunk looks like the side view of a head.
    ( black spot is the eye, then the nose, then a black crevice for the mouth, then the square jaw, LOL )

3. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Oh, yes. To get from photo #1 to photo #3 was quite a long steep climb. I love doing that, though. Buried in my archives from last Winter I have photos of these same hills covered in deep snow and ice, with a bright sun blazing through the trees. It was breathtaking.

Funny you should mention the head. My first thought on seeing the scene was that of a huge turtle head, with the point of the snout to the right.

Tony

• Like Like x 1