1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Rock Creek Park

Discussion in 'Nature' started by olli, Feb 16, 2013.

1. olli

olli TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2011
    Washington DC
    olli
  2. teefin1

teefin1 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    Cool. Id like to run wherever that is, beats my treadmill! Love no.4 especially.

3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Love the splashes of color among the gray.

4. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Nice!!!

#4 is my fav and love the composition on #5 :thumbup:

Regarding #5, I would "enhance" the colour of the orange leafs on the tree, since I guess that's where your focus point is. Like how it is now, the eye of the viewer gets carried away from the focus point since the colour is very similar to the leafs on the ground, and the focus point somehow gets lost in the background...

I'm a noob when it comes to PP but that's just my 0,02c
    Again, nice shots ;)

5. olli

olli TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2011
    Washington DC
    olli
    Thanks everyone. Nick, I take your point but I already boosted the leaves on the tree quite a lot. In reality they are a very drab yellow-grey. I tried a version with a much stronger look to the leaves on the tree and the leaves on the ground toned down but in the end I preferred this version, but that's just me.

6. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    #1 is very, very good, the forest is really majestic and the subjects in perfect perspective.
    #4 is interesting too, I would push contrast a bit to get more dramatic, but the sinuous way of the water is appealing.
    The others don't work for me, 2 is busy without any real subject, 3 is centered (which I really struggle with) and 5 is flat.
    I keep going back to #1, very compelling !

7. olli

olli TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2011
    Washington DC
    olli
    Thanks for your comments. I take your point on #2. There were a lot of these dramatically bent and twisted trees but, as you say, it is difficult to isolate them among the general forest clutter. #4 I'm not a big fan of too much contrast, but again I can see where you are coming from. #3 sorry to make you struggle, but the central placing is deliberate.