Revisiting lone 2014 post-season Tobacco Plant & Blossom

Discussion in 'Nature' started by roundball, Jun 3, 2015.

1. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Last year I saw/stopped/shot a lone Tobacco plant & blossom out in an empty field long after the Tobacco harvest had been finished…thought they turned out pretty good at the time but now reviewing old photo files, I think they looked too dark and soft...maybe just in the eye of the beholder.
    But using Photobucket’s relatively new built-in editor, I made 2 simple mouse clicks on each one and IMO brightened & sharpened them noticeably…still have the originals so nothing was lost in the process.
    Here’s a Before & After of each one.

BEFORE PHOTOBUCKET – LATE TOBACCO PLANT & BLOSSOM OUT IN THE FIELD

AFTER PHOTOBUCKET - LATE TOBACCO PLANT & BLOSSOM OUT IN THE FIELD

BEFORE PHOTOBUCKET – CROPPED TOBACCO BLOSSOM

AFTER PHOTOBUCKET – CROPPED TOBACCO BLOSSOM

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. chrid

chrid Super Noob

May 5, 2014
    australia
    Chris
    Nice improvement. Funny how you look at your old edits and feel like they need to be done again :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Yes, thanks...rained in for the past couple days I've probably spent 14-15 hours systematically going through every file folder of photos since getting an NEX-7 in mid-2013.
    Have culled / discarded over 250 photos that originally I'd been impressed with and now wouldn't keep them.
    Then last night began revisiting shots like this Tobacco blossom that I now know should and can look better...lots of those kind of photos left to do

4. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    I like the change to the uncropped version, but not the cropped so much. Can't put my finger on why though. Maybe it's just not 'close enough'.