Revisiting lone 2014 post-season Tobacco Plant & Blossom

Discussion in 'Nature' started by roundball, Jun 3, 2015.

1. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Legend

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Last year I saw/stopped/shot a lone Tobacco plant & blossom out in an empty field long after the Tobacco harvest had been finished…thought they turned out pretty good at the time but now reviewing old photo files, I think they looked too dark and soft...maybe just in the eye of the beholder.
    But using Photobucket’s relatively new built-in editor, I made 2 simple mouse clicks on each one and IMO brightened & sharpened them noticeably…still have the originals so nothing was lost in the process.
    Here’s a Before & After of each one.

BEFORE PHOTOBUCKET – LATE TOBACCO PLANT & BLOSSOM OUT IN THE FIELD
    View attachment 60873

AFTER PHOTOBUCKET - LATE TOBACCO PLANT & BLOSSOM OUT IN THE FIELD
    View attachment 60874

BEFORE PHOTOBUCKET – CROPPED TOBACCO BLOSSOM
    View attachment 60875

AFTER PHOTOBUCKET – CROPPED TOBACCO BLOSSOM
    View attachment 60876

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. chrid

chrid Super Noob

May 5, 2014
    australia
    Chris
    Nice improvement. Funny how you look at your old edits and feel like they need to be done again :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Legend

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Yes, thanks...rained in for the past couple days I've probably spent 14-15 hours systematically going through every file folder of photos since getting an NEX-7 in mid-2013.
    Have culled / discarded over 250 photos that originally I'd been impressed with and now wouldn't keep them.
    Then last night began revisiting shots like this Tobacco blossom that I now know should and can look better...lots of those kind of photos left to do

4. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Feb 17, 2015
    I like the change to the uncropped version, but not the cropped so much. Can't put my finger on why though. Maybe it's just not 'close enough'.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.