repairs turnaround time

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by eight_eight, Oct 20, 2013.

1. eight_eight

eight_eight New to TalkEmount

Jul 13, 2013
    Anyone know what repair turnaround time is? Anyone know the repair center for the San Francisco bay area? The sony support site redirects to a 'page not found' --how convenient of them.

My NEX6 is making noises (like when a slow computer is "thinking") at startup, and periodically won't autofocus on startup. Turning the camera on/off a few times fixes the problem.
  2. Mathieu Decodts

Mathieu Decodts TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 5, 2013
    Before you send it back use the rebuild database option in the menu (near the end of "setup" part). It won't delete your pictures, but clears a lot of meta data crap the camera might be holding onto.

It might not be the cause of your camera's "thinking" but worth a try before sending it off for service. Good luck
  3. davegore2005

davegore2005 TalkEmount Regular

Jan 31, 2013
    here in the uk i had to return my NEX C3 as the screen was peeling, it was sent next day delivery by me to Sony and they told me they aimed to have all repairs back within 5 working days, which is exactly what happened....all in all an excellent service I thought

4. lowbone

lowbone TalkEmount Regular

Oct 21, 2012
    I sent a lens to the repair facility in Laredo Texas and had it back in less then a week.
  5. G.Webb

G.Webb TalkEmount Rookie

Oct 22, 2013
    Phoenix, Az.
    I sent my NEX6 to Laredo Texas, focus wasn't always working and aperture wouldn't show up at times. It was a two week turnaround time. My local camera shop sent it.
    They replaced the lens contacts.
  6. dangrunloh

dangrunloh New to TalkEmount

Nov 23, 2013
    I also just received a Nex lens warranty repair from Illinois to Laredo Texas and back in 7 days.