Regarding Minolta lenses

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by alaios, Jan 23, 2014.

1. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Hi there minolta fans,
    I was looking the other day to buy the minolta 50-250 mm lens but unfortunately I could not find it listed here: Reviews.html

do you have any idea if there is a minolta listing with reviews that is a bit more complete than the one I gave you?

I would like to thank you in advance for your reply

2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Did a few quick searches, I could not find any info.
  3. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    yes there were some shots in the past I thinkin this forum.. but apart of few shots no reviews on these lenses.... too bad
  4. eno789

eno789 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jan 1, 2012
    NoCal, USA
    It's probably a Tokina 50-250mm, available in various mounts including Minolta SR.
  5. f/otographer

f/otographer TalkEmount Regular

Aug 20, 2013
    No reviews per se, but lots of info and commentary here if you havent already tried it.

The first tab, Minolta SR Lens Index, has a wealth of info with a little bit of extra commentary.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. idreamedof

idreamedof New to TalkEmount

Feb 1, 2014
    Hi Alaios, no such thing, I'm afraid. Minolta did make a 50-135 with a constant aperture of f3.5 which is an excellent and useful lens. Tokina made a 50-250 if you want to research that.
  7. karmakomae

karmakomae TalkEmount Rookie

Dec 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  8. HabsFan

HabsFan TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 10, 2013
    Ontario, CAN
    Sounds like a weird focal length range for old film lenses. Usually 50-2xx telephotos are APS-C lenses as they translate to 75-300ish. Canon has a 50-250 AF lens I think for APS-C