1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Redland Walkabout

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by DigitalD, Jan 6, 2015.

1. DigitalD

DigitalD TalkEmount Veteran

Mar 2, 2014
    Miami
    David K Fonseca
    The benefits of having a studio out in the farmlands of south, south, Miami is its quite peaceful and a photogenic environment. I am a digital designer by trade so the fact that I am on a computer in the middle of nowhere most of the time is a fun contrast in my life.
    With the kids back in school and me still being on 'vacation' I decided to take a drive through the Redlands Agricultrial area and see what I could dig up today. The Redands is just north of Homestead which is the last county before the famous Florida Keys. As you can see from my Flickr page, the fascination with this area has been going on for awhile now. Growing up a city boy, Ive been connecting with this more rural and naturalistic environment more and more over time. The funniest thing to me is when I first moved my studio out here I actually felt like there was nothing to shoot that interested me. Ive had the studio for about 5 years but its only been short of 2 years that I have actually 'seen' this place and begun to document it. Funny how that happens. :rolleyes:

Some of the shots in this thread were posted elsewhere (admins let me know if this is a no no) but I thought I would place my favorites all together in a single thread as I like to view a good photo day, like this, rather then split them up. Hope you enjoy them! C&C welcome!

fonsecafoto-04029-X2. fonsecafoto-04037-X2.
    fonsecafoto-04088-X2. fonsecafoto-04094-X2.
    fonsecafoto-04110-X2. fonsecafoto-04145-X2.

fonsecafoto-04151-X2.

fonsecafoto-04195-X2.

fonsecafoto-04217-X2.

fonsecafoto-04188-X2. fonsecafoto-04043-X2.

• Like Like x 13
  2. chrid

chrid Super Noob

May 5, 2014
    australia
    Chris
    Great series, really like the shot of the pots. Seem like a beautiful part of the world

• Like Like x 2
  3. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Nice set of photos indeed, well done :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    What a lovely set.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Very nice set, David. For some odd reason, I'm particularly drawn to #2.

Tony

6. DigitalD

Mar 2, 2014
    Miami
    David K Fonseca
    Thanks Tony! I love to find things that have some sort of juxtaposition to them. I was drawn to these wonderful flowers that were taking bloom over barbed-wire fence. Something poetic about that. :flowers_2:

I have some more versions of those bushes on my website I have been working to put together here: fonsecafoto.smugmug.com/Images-of-Homestead/. Its not done, Im just trying to organize everything right now :p

7. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Some really nice images in that smugmug set, David. That A7ii has a nice rendering. What lens(es) were you using?

Tony

8. DigitalD

Mar 2, 2014
    Miami
    David K Fonseca
    Thanks again! The images in this thread and in that set starting with the red bushes and going down are taken with the A7II and the FD 20mm f2.8, FD 50mm f1.2 L and FD 80-200mm F4 L. The ones showing up above those photos were taken with the EM-1 and the Oly 17 f1.8, PL 25 1.4 and the Oly 45 1.8 and I think a few from th Oly 40-150 R. I kind of float between the 2 systems but lately I lean towards the A7 when it comes to shooting, what I guess I might call fine art. Anything I can slow down and take my time with, hence the use of manual focus lenses. ;)

9. SpaceManSpiff

SpaceManSpiff TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2013
    Tucson, AZ
    Eric
    Sweet! :2thumbs: Liking the succulent shots myself.

• Like Like x 1
  10. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    Very nice set David. I must have missed this.

• Like Like x 1