Red Shouldered Hawk meets Canon 300/4.0 on an NEX-7

Discussion in 'Nature' started by roundball, Oct 20, 2014.

1. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    • Like Like x 9
  2. chrid

chrid Super Noob

May 5, 2014
    australia
    Chris
    really like the first one, what a beautiful looking bird :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Great looking bird and some great shots.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hawkman

Hawkman TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    Wow! Great shots and Great Bird!
    What I wouldn't give for the opportunity to take some shots like that of "one of my kin." :)

Sent from TalkEmount app on iPad

• Like Like x 1
  5. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Thanks all...I was very pleased with the way they turned out, to say nothing of the rare opportunity itself.

I have the backyard set up like an Aviary Photo Studio...fill the feeders every morning and any day I know I'm going to be around the house, I open the kitchen window, set a camera on the counter top and go about my day.
    Getting a coffee refill, I noticed the normal constant display of birds coming and going had stopped...back yard was dead quiet...started looking around and saw this hawk had landed on a limb not 40 feet out from the open window.

Everything was ready, had fairly decent early morning light, a new sandbag to try out was already on the window sill, so I eased over and started shooting...assuming it would leave at any second and that I'd probably never have such a gift of an opportunity again, I spared nothing...took over 100, culled out the best 25.

Reminds me of the old saying: "Even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then"