• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Recommended book: Sebastiao Salgado, Africa [Hardcover]

Bolampau

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Paul
Hi Folks,
I've been a fan of Salgado's work for the last 15 years and am currently reading his book titled 'Africa'. Amazon are currently selling it at a great price especially as it is a rather large hardbound book of 336 pages:

Sebastiao Salgado, Africa: Amazon.co.uk: Lelia Wanick Salgado, Mia Couto, Sebastiao Salgado: Books

If you've not seen his work before I can wholeheartedly recommend two other books as well:-

Workers: Archaeology of the Industrial Age

and

Migrations: Humanity in Transition

He is a Brazillian photographer that exclusively uses B&W to capture humanity. He used to be a former member of Magnum Photos and has been awarded virtually every major photographic prize in France, Germany, Holland, Spain, Sweden and the United States.
Definitely worth checking out his work.
Cheers,
Paul

Phoenix

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Phoenix Gonzales
Thanks Paul

I googled some of his images and his books and I'm really loving them. I've just ordered his Africa book through Amazon, thanks for the heads up.

Bolampau

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Paul
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He's an amazing photographer and this book is selling at a great price for a hardback, I'm sure you'll like it.
Cheers,
Paul

Top Bottom