1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Recommendations for Nikon to Nex adapter

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Nex Tex, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Nex Tex

Nex Tex TalkEmount Regular

Jul 25, 2013
    I've been playing around long enough and I am ready to start using Nikon glass on my Nex 6.

I have both D (24mm, 50mm and 105mm primes) and G (a big wide angle zoon) lenses.

What adapters do you recommend? What features/specs should I be on the look-out for?

2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    I've used Fotodiox, Rainbow Imaging, and some cheap Chinese ebay adapters. As far as I can can tell, there isn't a lick of difference between them. My advice: get the cheapest ones you can find.

3. tombran

tombran TalkEmount Regular

Jul 23, 2013
    Have had really good luck with Novoflex adapters on my NEX-7, not so lucky with others. Definitely try whatever one you select with your lenses and check for sharpness especially at infinity.

4. suntoryjim

suntoryjim TalkEmount Regular

May 17, 2013
    I have the $19 Fotodiox one from Amazon. Solid, no play/wiggle at all with my 50 F1.8D.

5. Nex Tex

Nex Tex TalkEmount Regular

Jul 25, 2013
    I ended up getting the Vello LA-NEX-NG ($60 from B&H). It is compatible with both G and non-G lenses.

So far I don't like it and will probably return it because:

(1) the f-stop dial is too loose and does not stay in place when I move my hand to focus the lens.

(2) the f-stop dial is unmarked so there is no way to know what f-stop you're at.

(3) with non-G lenses, you still have to use the adapter's f-stop dial not the one in the lens, making the above problems really bad.

(4) there is a non-removable tripod mount, which I will almost never use. The tripod mount has a sharp edge to boot.

Otherwise it seems ok; tight fit on both mounts.

6. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    I have a cheap Chinese one and it's great. No play, fits snuggly and focuses to infinity. I use it with my Vivitar lens and the two Nikkors in my sig.