1. Welcome to TalkEmount.com—a friendly Sony E-mount camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Recommendations for M42 to E-mount adaptors?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Guest, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Guest

Guest New to TalkEmount

Sep 2, 2011
    I have a few M42 lenses (e.g. Carl Zeiss Tessar 50/2.8, Pentacon 135/2.8) that I'd like to use on a NEX. Using M42 lenses on my Canon DLSR I've noticed that quality between various adaptors varies a lot. To a certain extent it even depends on the used lens.

Does anyone here have any experience with M42 to E-mount adapters (maybe even with these lenses)?

2. daremoshiranai

daremoshiranai New to TalkEmount

Sep 3, 2011
    I have the Fotodiox M42 screw mount adapter that I use with a Super Takumar 50 1.4. I did have an issue with the distance and fstop markers ending up 90 degrees from the top of the camera when screwed on. This was easily fixed with 4 small screws on the adapter that allow you to rotate the screw thread. Beyond that I'm happy with the adapter. Fits snugly and feels solid.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.