• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Recommend a printer.

Real Name
Colin
I'm looking to purchase a photo printer and know little about them. I have a printer for my office work so the new one would dedicated to printing photos. ANy suggestions for me to research would be appreciated.

WoodWorks

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
I've had good luck with Canon printers, both in terms of photo quality and ink usage and availability. My Epson printers always seemed to let their inks dry up and needed constant cleaning, though it's been years now since I bought one.

My current Canon is a six-ink i9900, though it's been discontinued. Their Pro line of printers uses 8-12 inks, and ought to deliver beautiful prints, both in color or b&w. Though they are quite pricey.

And even though you can buy ink much cheaper from non-OEM sources, every time I've tried them I've regretted it. My advice, bite the bullet and buy OEM inks. Sometimes you can find deals on ebay.

Jaf-Photo

TalkEmount Veteran
I have used several multi-ink printers from Epson and Canon. Now I use some Canon Pixma version, mainly because the inks and papers are easier to get hold of. But I always thought the Epsons delivered better photographic prints.

This is a huge generalisation of course, but if you go to your local megamarket and buy any midrange photographic printer, you'll probably do alright.

And expect to spend a small fortune on inks and papers, that stuff is seriously short-lived and expensive.

Latest threads

Top Bottom