Recent couple of updates to Lightroom 6, and a question

Discussion in 'Post-Production' started by roundball, Nov 22, 2015.

1. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    Several weeks ago, I installed a Lightroom update that came to me in the mindset of staying current regardless of how often or not I use Lightroom, and immediately noticed 2 things:
    1) A whole lot of ridiculous...(IMO)...front end steps were added when simply trying to import a photo into Lightroom;
    2) An annoying, unsolicited, intrusive pop-up appeared every time prompting me to sign on to the "mobile version;

Today I received / installed another update, and all of what I felt was unnecessary front end activity was gone, returning to the former, easy flow to import a photo...assuming they got a boatload of complaints from users about the unnecessary change.

However, the unsolicited, annoying, intrusive pop-up still remains, asking me to sign in (or not) to the Mobile Version each and every time.

Does anyone know how I can permanently shut off that annoying pop-up asking about the mobile version ??
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    I had to switch to the dark version of the site to read your question. Don't know the answer, unfortunately.
  3. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    Sounds like 'Yellow' is not a good choice to highlight something, LOL
  4. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    I'm not sure about this. But I believe Adobe eventually gives up when your free mobile trial period expires, but until then I know of no way to turn off the nagging.

I hate all software. But I hate some software more than others. :rolleyes:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    LOL, I hear ya...I remember that 'trial period' back after I first got Lightroom, and the trial period eventually ended....I never signed up (never signed up for any of Adobe's online or cloud stuff)...but even that had no annoying pop-up in the middle of the screen...just a small comment up along the top left edge of the screen....professionally done, tolerable, etc.

This current annoying in-your-face Adobe advertisement is new, evidently a result of these latest updates. And I have a simple rule in my on-line activities...if / when some company repeatedly shoves something down my throat like this with no way for me to opt out of the annoyance, I won't use the product just out of spite alone.
    • Agree Agree x 1