Really happy with this camera/lens combo

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
I just wanted to post that I'm really happy with my A7iii/FE 24-105 lens combo.
I took this photo yesterday afternoon. In looking at it, if I'd used my A7ii and a manual lens I'm not sure I could have gotten as good a result. With the light coming in thru the windshield, I think the pedal well would have been too dark as I couldn't/wouldn't have used ISO 800.

DSC02174 (Large).JPG
Become a member for free to remove site ads and see EXIF info for images.

Anyway, just wanted to say how pleased I am with my camera/lens.
This is SOOC except for the resizing to keep the file size small.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer

This one has been 'worked' a little to protect the innocent.

As an aside, I notice that some of the programs (aps?) I'm using now with Win 10, are saving files as PNG's rather than JPEG's. And sometimes the file size is HUGE because of that. What gives?

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
I feel a lo more free when shooting with a good quality zoom lens (I use the Tamron 28-75mm f.2.8 on both APSC and Full-Frame cameras). Of course, I also use prime lenses and own several but, zooms are a lot easier to use. OTOH: I really love the Sony 85mm f/1.8 for portraits on my crop and full frame cameras and also like the 50mm f/1.8 OSS for portraits on my crop cameras...

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
As an aside, I notice that some of the programs (aps?) I'm using now with Win 10, are saving files as PNG's rather than JPEG's. And sometimes the file size is HUGE because of that. What gives?
There is usually a setting for the default file format. Check the settings in the app(s) your are using.

The file size is probably due to PNG being lossless and using a different compression algorithm, and JPEG being lossy (the amount of 'loss' is usually user configurable often labeled 'quality').

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
I'll have to check. I sure was surprised when I found I'd created 100mb files when working on some of my wife's quilt pics.

It's all a plot to use up hard drive space so we have to buy more of them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom