1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Really disappointed no HSS working

Discussion in 'Lighting Forum' started by adwb, Jul 21, 2016.

1. adwb

adwb TalkEmount Regular

Sep 30, 2015
    Bristol UK
    Alistair
    I have a new Nissin air receiver and transmitter set which all work fine including in HSS mode for Nissin speedlite but, if connected to a Jinbei HD 600v which is also hss capable, the flash, is triggered but is not recorded at shutter speed in excess of 1/250 fom my A7r2.
    This is the same light sold by Adorama as their flashpoint explore 600 which is also sold by them as hss capable.
    Have you any experience with this or any suggestion apart from return it all, or another hss sony fit trigger system that will work?
    regards
    Alistair
    Bristol England

2. metalmania

metalmania TalkEmount Regular

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    Did you press the two buttons to enable HSS mode?

3. adwb

adwb TalkEmount Regular

Sep 30, 2015
    Bristol UK
    Alistair
    Yes I did , but I just read else where that I should turn off the witless flash mode on the camera , but I can't text that out till tomorrow, it's all in the studio, and I'm at home now

4. adwb

adwb TalkEmount Regular

Sep 30, 2015
    Bristol UK
    Alistair
    ok I have got this working. returned the Nissin kit it only works with Nissan lights

1 x 600 battery pack monoblock light sold under various names. Jinbae, Adorama's own brand, godox ,ect, plus 1 z godox x1 transmitter

Set the godox transmitter to out put through it's hot shoe and fit the the lights remote.
    Set the camera to any flash mode EXCEPT wireless then the godox triggers at shutter speeds in excess of 1/250
    Fit the lights own transmitter in the Godox hotshoe and the light will either hyper sync at full power
    or
    of the light has the facility for HSS then at variable power settings.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. metalmania

metalmania TalkEmount Regular

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    Good to hear that. Godox is the way to go! I sold my Nissin after I got the TT685s. The cross-system Godox lights are so easy to use.

• Like Like x 1
  6. adwb

adwb TalkEmount Regular

Sep 30, 2015
    Bristol UK
    Alistair
    yes its great just been testing outside in full sun, easily overpowering the sun at half power from 6 meters away from the subject , brilliant
    f2.5 at 100 iso 1/6000 woop woop

• Like Like x 1
  7. soeren

soeren TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 12, 2014
    N├Žstved, Denmark
    Soeren
    Im all for the Godox too. So far Ive got 2 TT685 and a X1 trigger and can't wait to be able to get me a couple of AD360II :thumbup:
    Struggling with hss, sun overpowering and sharpness in action shots though. Here both units came into play @ full power.

DSC06756.JPG

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 3