• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Random pics (other than E-mount)

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Become a member for free to remove site ads and see EXIF info for images.
Really nice portrait Antonio.
Was lighting difficult?

Antonio Correia

TalkEmount Veteran
AlwaysonAuto, thank you for asking.
I am trying to learn to work with luminosity masks and taking advantages of this procedure which I find to be interesting and very flexible.
Herewith the original photograph. It is an old one as it was shot back in August 2008 when I was using the flash pretty much. Here I used two flashes the one on the right with umbrella.
A couple of adjustments has been done and among them I would like to note that I made a mask for the white of the car while reducing the red at the bottom using Apply Image on a HSL layer.
Cheers ! :)

Boblou

TalkEmount Regular
Images with Nikon Z50 and SIgma 150-600C.
Z50_3525_DxO_LR4_2.jpg
   ---            
Z50_3425_DxO_LR4.jpg
   ---            

TedG954

Super Moderator
Real Name
Ted Gersdorf
Bill the Cat. She never fails to make me laugh. After putting her majesty's "Tiffany Diamond Christmas Necklace" on her, I spent 10 minutes trying to get her to pose. It's like herding cats. So, I set the phone down and looked over at her. Sure enough, she'll do it when she is good and ready, and not before. (Google Pixel 2)

12-21-20 BILL.JPG
   ---            

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
This image took about a decade to create. A guy had walked into my shots and I got the back of his head. Ruined both and I didn't realize at the time to take a third. Recently stitched both images to reduce his head and digitally painted the rest of his head away and recreated the masked areas from other elements nearby. I know Adobe has this tool, but I don't use Adobe. So I did it by hand. Satisfied to have recovered this image after all these years.

Canon EOS 400D and Canon EF 70-200 f/4 USM IS-L

bELLISSIMA by wNG iMAGE aND dESIGN, on Flickr

MWhite

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Mike
In the absence of new photos taken with my Sony, I've taken to mining some of my older ones. Both of these were taken back when I used Pentax gear (Pentax K5 - I think - and a Pentax-F 50mm f1.7). It was a foggy night on the campus of Ball State University where I taught for many years.

BSU
by UnderOpenWater, on Flickr

BSU-Atrium
by UnderOpenWater, on Flickr

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
Trevi by wNG iMAGE aND dESIGN, on Flickr

Another 2-image vertical stitch from Italy and my old Canon. This time at the Trevi Fountain. I didn't have my wide angle zoom on, and had cut off the top of the building. This one took some effort to correct parallax errors by hand. But the results look convincing IMHO. Went for the dramatic B&W treatment.

Tipton

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Rae Leggett
I'm still using my Pentax Q.
_IGP1003.jpg
   ---            

Antonio Correia

TalkEmount Veteran
This photo, like the one of the dog posted before were shot with the CyberShot SX100

Last edited:

WoodWorks

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
This photo, like the one of the dog posted before were shot with the CyberShot SX100 II
I assume you meant CyberShot RX100 II, Antonio. But I had one of those. Great little camera!

Antonio Correia

TalkEmount Veteran
Oh yes David ! :) Thanks for correcting !
Great little camera, yes.
We at home, now have 3 ! How come ?
The first one, not even labeled I or II was bought ages ago and was returning great photographs. My wife complained something about it and she bought the II at a very low price as the transaction have been done recently, perhaps a couple of month... some 350€ ?...
With C19 one doesn't spend money or spend very little. I do not fuel my car since December last year. In Portugal the scale of the cities is not like in US and grocessies are around the corner, so to say. With C19 one can't do anything ! 😥
Then, as we go out to the fields in a walk almost every morning, I decided to surprize her with the new CyberShot RX 100 VII which she loves.
This is the story how we arrived at 3 cameras !
Now, I use the oldest one with always the same settings. The lens ring is rather hard to turn I do not know why, but everything else works nicely.
Thank you Davis for the correction !
Cheers ! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom