• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Random pics (other than E-mount)

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
My nephew shoots houses for real estate sales on weekends. He got a drone and the FAA license for it too. He can make good money on shoots if he uses it as he gets more for drone shots. So far it's worked out as quite a good gig for him.

Petrochemist

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Mike
Just picked up my first set of Graduated NDs for landscape.. I know I know.. You are all laughing at me getting them for the drone first... But honestly the Lee Filter system I would like to be using.. Is a big invest for the few times I'm out Actually shooting landscapes... It'll probably remain in my saved for later @ b&h..
But the drone sees landscapes I'd like to capture quite a bit more often (nearly every flight) ... And the price was right..

Edit: trying hard not to pixel peep these drone images too much. The drop to a half inch sensor is pretty jarring, as excited as I want to be for the mavic 3, it looks like legislation may put a pause on that for everyone.. 😭
I think that particular bit of Legislation will only ruin things for Americans. The rest of the world may have similar restrictions long before I can buy the sort of drone I'd like, but that's a different issue.

unlo

Sony ******
Real Name
Matt
My nephew shoots houses for real estate sales on weekends. He got a drone and the FAA license for it too. He can make good money on shoots if he uses it as he gets more for drone shots. So far it's worked out as quite a good gig for him.
studying for my Part 107 now :D I registered my drone for 5$ but according to the FAA can't sell your footage or services until you pass the knowledge test...

Thad E Ginathom

TalkEmount Veteran
Apart from having huge toy/gadget value, drones make a whole new world possible. If my brain was younger, and I got out to wild places more, I'd be very tempted to get playing and try to pick up the new skill.

Drones are even used in wedding photography in this country. It's weird to have one three feet above one's head. Wouldn't like to be the guy with that responsibility!

Whole other continent, whole other nation, whole other set of regulations here. Last time I glanced, iirc, every flight has to be authorised --- but there's an app to do that. I don't think there are tests, though. Hey, much like our roads, probably wouldn't make any difference if there were.

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
Drones are not uncommon for outdoor weddings in the US, either. As for flights, as I recall you have to be a certain distance from airports and I believe you are limited to 400 feet up (about 125 meters). I think current drones sold in the US actually have limiters in them so they are unable to fly over 400 feet in altitude. I am sure unlo will be able to fill us in on those details.

unlo

Sony ******
Real Name
Matt
FC3170    24.0 mm f/2.8    5mm    f/2.8    1/30s    ISO 100

feeling a bit more confident about where I can be with this thing

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
Saw the mini on sale at Costco today. Was so tempted, lol... :D

Kmac76

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Kevin
New iPhone 11 Pro Max- I am looking forward to playing with this one... these pix were from Mt. Tammany - Delaware Water Gap
   ---            
Apple    iPhone 11 Pro Max back triple camera 1.54mm f/2.4    2mm    f/2.4    1/125s    ISO 20
   ---            

unlo

Sony ******
Real Name
Matt
Top Bottom