• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

RAF Coningsby & Battle of Britain Memorial Flight

Bolampau

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Paul
Dear All,
Last Friday and today I spent time taking photos at RAF Coningsby. On both days the weather was really mixed, in fact, it rained all day today!

The photos were taken with my new NEX 7 and A77.

As I didn't have access to the airfield all planes on the ground were photographed through chain-link fencing, which the NEX 7 was particularly good at due to its small size. The aerial stuff was taken on farm land nearby using the Sony A77 and 70-400 SSM lens mounted on a BushHawk rifle stock.

I'm particularly fascinated by the Lancaster as there are only two flying in the World today (the other one is based in Canada).

This is the Gallery link, I hope you like it:-

https://www.talkemount.com/members/bolampau/albums/bbmf/

Cheers,
Paul

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
My favourite pic is the Bomber Turret with the Teddy Bear next to the machine-gun... as if telling a personal story (perhaps of a gunner who depended on it as an anchor to get him through the madness of war).

Bolampau

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Paul
My favourite pic is the Bomber Turret with the Teddy Bear next to the machine-gun... as if telling a personal story (perhaps of a gunner who depended on it as an anchor to get him through the madness of war).

Hi Dioptrick,
Those were awful times, I listened in to a tour guide who said that there was a total of 125,000 men in Bomber Command of which 55,000 died in action. Absolutely terrible odds and the average age was only 22 years old.

Latest posts

Top Bottom