• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

R u guys ok ?!? Sandy storm

nianys

TalkEmount All-Pro
I live a bit in a bubble and had been of Sandy's damage.
Anybody in this community affected by the storm ?
My best thoughts and positive vibes to ya all.

WT21

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Thanks for asking! I'm on the East coast, and we lost power Mon and Tue, but came back on line. The storm was windy and rainy in Boston, but I understand Manhattan got hit much, much worse.

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
Thanks for asking friend, I live near the beach, but a few blocks from the house the strong storm and tide pushed the boats to the road, was very frightening, the neighborhood was destroyed ,many houses, boats in the train station unfortunately some people died, who refused to evacuate.

I leave some pictures I took yesterday afternoon. Used the nex7 and 16mm and 18-55mm
8143107701_ea0c4d02c9_c.jpg
   ---            

Untitled by Freddytto Robles, on Flickr

8143105095_18d2386952_c.jpg
   ---            

8143107997_5cb7cd54aa_c.jpg
   ---            

8143136740_7f9189d396_c.jpg
   ---            

8143105567_d599e2e89f_c.jpg
   ---            

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
I'm glad you and your family are OK Freddytto... sorry to hear about the loss of life... and the damage in your neighbourhood... :(

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
thanks guys, it's very bad the situation here, we had several blackouts but not too bad, like I said that a few blocks from my house is a mess, houses destroyed, people derestimate the nature,they not taken seriously the hurricane, unfortunately, was like the movie'' a day after tomorrow'' . : (

Selten

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Lusi
the pictures stole my breath away - but it is in a sad way. I hope the repairs will progress well, and that help for those who need it will be available. Glad you made it out alright!

lapdog99

TalkEmount Veteran
Freddy, very good news to hear you and your home are ok. I knew you would manage some quality shots of the aftermath. New Yorkers will need their state of mind to help get through this. Best of luck, Jamie Z

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave
First glad your o.k. Hope to hear from any other members out there.

Second amazing pics. Nature sure is powerful and sure makes a mess out of the best man can do.

NickCyprus

Super Moderator
Real Name
Nick
Thanks for asking friend, I live near the beach, but a few blocks from the house the strong storm and tide pushed the boats to the road, was very frightening, the neighborhood was destroyed ,many houses, boats in the train station unfortunately some people died, who refused to evacuate.

I leave some pictures I took yesterday afternoon. Used the nex7 and 16mm and 18-55mm
8143107701_ea0c4d02c9_c.jpg
   ---            

8143105095_18d2386952_c.jpg
   ---            

8143107997_5cb7cd54aa_c.jpg
   ---            

8143136740_7f9189d396_c.jpg
   ---            

8143105567_d599e2e89f_c.jpg
   ---            

First of all let me say that I'm glad you and your family are ok - wish u all the best. You have my sincere sympathy - I have a few friends in NY too and thanks God nobody got hurt or anything...
What happened to you guys in NY is terrible, some videos I've watched are scary...

Second, those photos are breath-taking!!!

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
First of all let me say that I'm glad you and your family are ok - wish u all the best. You have my sincere sympathy - I have a few friends in NY too and thanks God nobody got hurt or anything...
What happened to you guys in NY is terrible, some videos I've watched are scary...

Second, those photos are breath-taking!!!

Thanks friend, really had a tough week at home luckily nothing happened, just a few blackouts, but was horrible.
This news shocked all NY, unfortunately, was too much damage and loss of life of to many people.

Staten Island family decides not to evacuate for Hurricane Sandy after being robbed during Irene - and pays terrible price - NY Daily News

Latest threads

Top Bottom