1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Qx100?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Deadbear77, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Deadbear77

Deadbear77 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
    Really thinking about getting this lens "camera" on opening preorder.

Really want to know a little more first,

1. Battery life and if its replaceable or rechargeable.

2. Internal memory

Those are my biggest concerns along with how much lag in shutter speed that will be from using wifi as a control.

All in all I think it's a great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    I don't know. The gadget freak in me really likes the idea. And I do carry my phone with me pretty much all of the time. But when exiting my house, will I also want to carry a fairly sizable lens puck that doesn't fit in the pocket of my jeans, or will I just take the NEX + SELP1650 instead? Either way I'll have to carry it in something other than my pants pocket. So why wouldn't I just take the camera that will probably give me much better IQ? That's a question that's hard for me to rationalize my way out of.

3. Deadbear77

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
    Yeah you have a point. And a good one at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    But, you can use it detached from the phone. That has pretty big implications to my mind. Still looking at this as a backup camera type device, not as a primary camera, though they will sell a bunch of them for that purpose.

And Kevin, they take SD cards or so I've read. No idea if there is a size limit though.

5. WoodWorks

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Yeah Jim, I can see holding one of these puck/cameras up over my head or way down low while viewing the image on my phone at eye level, or sliding the lens into some crevice or hard-to-reach place to snap some otherwise impossible shot. Surreptitious street shooting will never be the same! :D

6. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Honestly, I would much rather get a RX100. Yeah, it costs a bit more, but unlike these lens cameras, it fits nicely in one of my jeans pockets, and I feel like the handling - especially when shooting much - is better with a dedicated compact compared to this things ...

7. Deadbear77

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
    Well, it's official....

No RAW support, meh.....

8. bmg123

bmg123 TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 15, 2013
    England, UK
    Video up now, looks really cool imo:

[video=youtube;HKGEEPIAPys]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKGEEPIAPys[/video]

Nice little accessory to the NEX. If I had the money I'd definitely get the high end one with CZ lens. Sure, it's not much more portable than a NEX but this would just be so easy to whip out, and I love gadgets/gimmicks :D

9. WoodWorks

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Seriously? Well then... My wallet is safe.

10. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    No RAW support, only 100 bucks cheaper than a RX100 and bulkier - no thanks.