• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Question for you people that use...

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Screen protectors.
The only 'flaw' I can find on my new used A9 is the edge on this:

DSC06725 (2).JPG
ILCE-7M2    FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS    49mm    f/4.5    1/160s    ISO 6400

Is this one of those stick on screen protectors or is it the screen?
Those chips are kind of sharp edged so I might remove it if it's easily removed.

Thad E Ginathom

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Hate to cast doubts, but that does look like a screen protector, and I doubt that the camera would come from the factory with one. It seems to extend slightly beyond the screen itself.

Did it come in a sealed box? Was there any other evidence that you might not have been its first unwrapper? Shutter count?

If you are 100% happy with the camera otherwise, whatever, then it would be advantageous if that thing just peels off. After cracking across, the screen guard on my phone just fell off, but I'd want further advice before peeling (pealing? I always forget which is fruit and which is bells).

Talk to supplier?

fractal

Super Moderator
Real Name
Chris
Screen protectors.
The only 'flaw' I can find on my new used A9 is the edge on this:

View attachment 116010
Is this one of those stick on screen protectors or is it the screen?
Those chips are kind of sharp edged so I might remove it if it's easily removed.

stick on screen protector. 99.5% sure.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a protector.
Bought this camera used, it only has 130 or so shutter actuations. Not sure if it was used much as it's in really nice shape, hard to tell from new except for this 'ding'. I'm thinking I may try the old star fish removal method to see if I can get it off as it is a sharp edge on the crack.

Thad E Ginathom

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Will you put another one?

I wish I had put one on my a6500 on day one, because I soon got minor scratches on it. They don't make any difference when using it, but look bad when it is turned off.

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
Me too, but I made a mistake. There was a metallic piece on the wrist strap that came up against the screen when the camera was in the bag.

I don't keep the strap on the camera any longer. I guess I lacked confidence in my grip back then.

If you scratched the LCD screen, rest assured the camera came with a replaceable, polarized, anti-glare screen sheet. Sony sells a replacement for the screen. You can also peel off the original and apply an aftermarket rigid 'glass' screen protector. This would also enable use with polarized sunglasses.

Thad E Ginathom

TalkEmount Top Veteran
This is the worst I can make it look, by putting a desk lamp right onto it. I never notice the scratches at all when the camera is in use, although I might in bright sunlight.

It's not really a problem, except as a reminder of my mistake!
lcd-scratches.jpg
Mi A1    ---    4mm    f/2.2    1/17s    ISO 1000

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
This is the worst I can make it look, by putting a desk lamp right onto it. I never notice the scratches at all when the camera is in use, although I might in bright sunlight.

It's not really a problem, except as a reminder of my mistake! View attachment 116057

That's not bad. Wait until the corners are all scratched and the coating flaking off! :D

Latest threads

Top Bottom