• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Question for those that print...

Will Focus

TalkEmount Veteran
Well I tried printing a picture here at home and well, our printer isn't working quite right I'd say.
View attachment 117340
It appears you have caught the moment they were about to break the sound barrier. Mach Buffet is extremley hard to capture, great job!

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer

ohaya

TalkEmount Regular
+1 to what bdbits said - your printer (or driver) should have a "printer check" function and a "clean nozzles" function. Run the printer check and look at the output vs. what it should look like and if it doesn't look right, run the clean nozzle and then printer check again, repeat until the printer check looks good.

I print infrequently so I have to do the above all the time :)...

fractal

Super Moderator
Real Name
Chris
Forget the MP. When you're printing you need to worry about DPI. I always save RAW files to 300DPI. I have enlarged 20MP shots from M-4/3 to 24 x 30 and they turn out beautiful. I've enlarged 180DPI 6MP shots from a Kodak Easy Share to 8 x 10 no problem.

Do not take it to Office Max, they're not set up for photos. Upload it to NationsPhoto:

https://www.nationsphotolab.com/

They will print it on actual photo paper. They do high-quality work and is the only place I use anymore. Their prices are great too. I have bought 8 x 10's for as low as $0.89 each. Get on their mailing list, they have a sale about ever two weeks.

If your photo resolution is too low they will warn you when you upload. Even at that I've went ahead an printed up to 11 x 14 with the warning and was still happy with the results.

This.

Latest threads

Top Bottom