Question concerning lens mount

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Selten, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Selten

Selten TalkEmount Regular

Oct 22, 2012
    Rhineland, Germany
    Lusi
    Just won a lens with this particular lens mount. I cannot recognize what exactly it is and what adapter it would need! Any suggestion is very appreticated!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CGrimm

CGrimm New to TalkEmount

Sep 2, 2013
    Without knowing anymore about the lens aside from these two pictures it would appear to be a screwmount lens, which could be M42, M39 or even a T-mount.

3. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Or even a C-mount...

4. Selten

Selten TalkEmount Regular

Oct 22, 2012
    Rhineland, Germany
    Lusi
    Oh. Did not think to type that - it is a CZ Jena 135mm f/4. I think it could be M42, but not sure. It does not look too typical to my unknowing eyes :/

5. Gandalf

Gandalf TalkEmount Regular

Sep 5, 2013
    You're going to have to *carefully* measure the actual threads on the mount to determine the correct identity. There are/were several threaded lens mounts that are/were so nearly the same that they are almost impossible to distinguish visually.

The list includes:

M42 (often called the Pentax screwmount) - 42mm X 1mm

T-mount - usually 42mm X 0.75mm. The earliest T-mounts were 37mm X 0.75mm. I think there may be others that are also called T-mounts, if things aren't muddy enough.

M39 (Leica Thread Mount, or LTM) - 39mm X 26tpi (turns per inch.) Soviet-era Russia produced some cameras with a 39mm X 1mm mount, good luck telling the difference.

The C-mount is much smaller: 1" X 32tpi, so that one is easy.