1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Question concerning lens mount

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Selten, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Selten

Selten TalkEmount Regular

Oct 22, 2012
    Rhineland, Germany
    Lusi
    Just won a lens with this particular lens mount. I cannot recognize what exactly it is and what adapter it would need! Any suggestion is very appreticated!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CGrimm

CGrimm New to TalkEmount

Sep 2, 2013
    Without knowing anymore about the lens aside from these two pictures it would appear to be a screwmount lens, which could be M42, M39 or even a T-mount.

3. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Or even a C-mount...

4. Selten

Selten TalkEmount Regular

Oct 22, 2012
    Rhineland, Germany
    Lusi
    Oh. Did not think to type that - it is a CZ Jena 135mm f/4. I think it could be M42, but not sure. It does not look too typical to my unknowing eyes :/

5. Gandalf

Gandalf TalkEmount Regular

Sep 5, 2013
    You're going to have to *carefully* measure the actual threads on the mount to determine the correct identity. There are/were several threaded lens mounts that are/were so nearly the same that they are almost impossible to distinguish visually.

The list includes:

M42 (often called the Pentax screwmount) - 42mm X 1mm

T-mount - usually 42mm X 0.75mm. The earliest T-mounts were 37mm X 0.75mm. I think there may be others that are also called T-mounts, if things aren't muddy enough.

M39 (Leica Thread Mount, or LTM) - 39mm X 26tpi (turns per inch.) Soviet-era Russia produced some cameras with a 39mm X 1mm mount, good luck telling the difference.

The C-mount is much smaller: 1" X 32tpi, so that one is easy.