1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Question about the Contax Zeiss G 90 mm F/2.8 G

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by robfactory, Oct 20, 2014.

1. robfactory

robfactory TalkEmount Regular

Aug 23, 2014
    Rob
    I just purchased an almost mint condition CZ G 90mm f/2.8 for $150, which I think it quite a good price. The only thing is that 2 of the contact pins at the bottom of the lens are broken. Is there a way to fix this?
    $_57.JPG

2nd question:
    Will I get a cropped image with lens and adapter?

Attached Files:

2. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    You don't need the pins unless you use it with a af contax g adapter. I don't know how it can be fixed but that might be the reason for a good deal. It is a full frame lens and works great with A7R. Find a newer adapter that can be used with A7R. I use af adapter and works great

3. robfactory

Aug 23, 2014
    Rob
    I figured there are pin sensors for adapters they could sell this one separately. Either way, I use my lens manually and I currently do not have the $300 for the AF adapter. I'm getting this and a Vivitar Series 1 90mm macro so I'm Def. Not going to get the adapter just yet. It was too good of a lens and deal to pass up. Especially when the lens usually goes for twice as much.

4. dannat

dannat TalkEmount Regular

Jun 22, 2014
    VIC
    just get one of the cheap ebay manual adapters...or you could sell the lens to me :)

its a FF lens so can choose non-crop or crop mode

5. robfactory

Aug 23, 2014
    Rob
    Actually the adapter for this (Kiwi) was more than my other adapters; $23. But yeah. I take it, based on your comment, that it was quite a deal.

6. Rollin

Rollin TalkEmount Regular

Jul 2, 2014
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    These Contax G lenses - can you manual focus them or does the adapter "drive" the powered focus?

7. robfactory

Aug 23, 2014
    Rob
    There are both type of adapters. The cheaper adapters let you manually focus while the more expensive adapters use a motor to power the focus.