1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Quantum Copilot for Sony

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount News and Rumors' started by tbyork2014, Apr 17, 2014.

1. tbyork2014

tbyork2014 TalkEmount Regular

Jan 11, 2014
    Hi,

I recently received the April 2014 newsletter from Quantum announcing that Quantum are looking for testers for their soon to be released Copilot system for Sony and Panasonic. This particularly interests me from both fronts, as hopefully this means I will be able to use my Quantum flash with wireless TTL on both my Sony A7R and Olympus E-P5/E-M5 cameras; albeit I will have to buy one Copilot for each system.

This is a screen grab of the newsletter:
    13914015964_54993184de_o_d.

If anyone is interested in being a Beta tester, this is the form to complete: http://www.qtm.com/BETA_Tester_Contact_Form.pdf

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will come out soon.

BW,
    Boon

• Like Like x 1
  2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Thanks for the update.

It says Sony, but does that include the NEX?

3. tbyork2014

Jan 11, 2014
    I am not sure. I'm not even sure which hotshoe it will have (standard or old Sony). Unfortunately I live in the UK and will not be able to participate in the US beta testing. But I will enquire with them for further information.

Boon

4. tbyork2014

Jan 11, 2014
    Just an update. I contacted Quantum yesterday and I received a reply this morning. They say the Copilot will have the old Minolta hot-shoe, so looks like you will need to use the Sony ADP-MAA adapter with it in order to work on the new multi-interface ISO hot shoe; just like the Phottix Odin for Sony. They also go on to say that it will work with the cameras which can use the Minolta hot-shoe (directly or with the adapter). So looks like it will work with the Nex-6.
    Boon

5. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    There is no difference in the Sony ADI flash protocol between A and E-Mount Sony cameras, so it's almost guaranteed for any accessory which works on a, say, A99 to work an something like an A6000. Whether it uses the iISO or ISO hot shoe is a different story, of course.