[Q] Fish Eye and Ultrawide Lens

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by d3xophen, May 9, 2014.

1. d3xophen

d3xophen TalkEmount Regular

Apr 24, 2014
    Can i use Fish Eye Lens and Ultrawide lens to all NEX E mount Lens or only use with sel20f28?
    or Use standlone?

Sorry for my noob question.. ;)
  2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    I never owned them, but I believe the two adapters you mention are designed to be used with the E-mount 16mm lens. And though they can be used with some other E-mount lenses (even the 55-210, I'm told), they don't work as well. I don't know about the 20.

But no, they are not usable as stand-alone lenses. They are adapters
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Simsy

Simsy TalkEmount Regular

Dec 23, 2012
    I own both of these converters, they defiantly cant be used alone or on any lens that hasn't been specifically made for them. as far as I know they will only fit the 16mm lens. I can confirm that they do not fit either the 18-55mm or the 55-210mm. I have obtained some fantastic results from these converters and I particularly like the fisheye.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Don't own any either, but I've read that they work with the SEL20mm too (besides the 16mm pancake they were designed for)
  5. stephen431

stephen431 TalkEmount Regular

May 2, 2014
    They do. I've got the wide angle attached to my SEL20 and I'm going to do some shooting with it today. It probably works with some other lenses with bayonet mounts too as I've seen a few flickr pictures from people using the fisheye on an MFT lens.

It's a similar concept to focal reducers in astronomy. I believe the wide angle converter is a 0.75x reduction, so converts the SEL20 to a 15mm.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ctrclckws

Ctrclckws New to TalkEmount

May 10, 2014
    Those adapters will fit on the 16f2.8, 20f2.8, 35f1.5, and the 50f1.8 lenses. The Fisheye results on the 35, and 50 are kund of funny.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Ctrclckws

Ctrclckws New to TalkEmount

May 10, 2014
    Correction, 35f1.8 and kind, not kund
  8. dragion

dragion TalkEmount Top Veteran

May 8, 2014
    Boston, MA
    Ordered the wide angle adapter from Adorama used for $75.