[Q] Asking Advice for backpack

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by d3xophen, May 2, 2014.

1. d3xophen

d3xophen TalkEmount Regular

Apr 24, 2014
    Hi, I am looking for a backpack which is light and compact and can fit
    - Macbook Pro 13" + Charger
    - a6000 with kit (1650) + 55-210 + sel35f18
    - a6000 charger with 2 extra batteries
    - Portable External HDD
    - wallet and passport
    - ipad 10''
    - iphone with charger

I wont carry clothes and others staff in that bag.
  2. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    I am using a Crumpler Half Photo Hatchback. The photo part of the backpack offers more than enough room for a NEX body and up to five lenses (probably only four with the 55-210), so with your three lenses, the HDD and the batteries and charger will fit in there nicely. The notebook compartment is big enough for everything up to 15". The iPad fits in one of the upper compartments, and you'll have plenty of space left for other stuff.
  3. christian

christian TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 12, 2014
    Boston MA
    I use the Case Logic cross body bag. It's great, well designed and "built though"!
    You can put easily inside all the things you mentioned. In addition I love the look of it, it's discreet because it doesn't look like a camera-bag. It also has a separated part that you can take off to transform it into an everyday bag.
    See for yourself: http://www.caselogic.com/en-us/us/p...dium-cross-body-bag-_-flxm_-_102_-_anthracite

There's an official video on Youtube showing you all the things you can put inside: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pXXKjIWNoIc or try "Reflexion medium cross-body bag" in the search bar if this LinkedIn doesn't work.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    I use a Lowepro Vertex 100 AW with my A7. Honestly anything that can fit a 13" laptop is going to be more than sufficient for two or more CSC bodies - the downside is actually how much weight you personally want to carry. Even with 4 lenses (non-tele of course), I still have room to fit a tripod inside (rather than hang it outside) the bag. And I think it's almost the smallest backpack that can fit a 13" laptop. It is a bit pricey but the internal dividers are plentiful and the build is superb.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. stephen431

stephen431 TalkEmount Regular

May 2, 2014
    I had a chance to play around with some of the FStop packs. They're pretty slick.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mattia

mattia TalkEmount Regular

Dec 13, 2013
    Much as I love my F-stop Loka, it's. It a handy solution for what the OP is asking for - it is a great compact hiking pack though. Their smaller backpacks are a bit tight for the MacBook.

As mentioned, any laptop backpack, supplemented by a simple insert (e.g mountainsmith) would work great.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. d3xophen

d3xophen TalkEmount Regular

Apr 24, 2014
    How about fastpack 150 aw.?