• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Program alternate video-on/off button A6600

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount All-Pro
I have been attempting to research this but, have had no luck. Is there any way to program some button other than the inconveniently placed video-on/off button on my A6600. I really like the A6600 with my Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 AF lens for video but, I find the ergonomics of the video-on/off button difficult to use...

dbmiller

TalkEmount All-Pro
Check the movie menus for something like movie with shutter. That should allow the shutter button to start/stop recordings in movie mode

Thad E Ginathom

TalkEmount Top Veteran
On a6500 I can set a custom button to "MOVIE."

Very very rare for to take video. It needs my wife to remind me that camera does it! But if I'm going to do so, I'll set C1 or C2 as the movie buton, as they are a natural alternative for the shutter-button finger.

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount All-Pro
Perfect - thank you... Perhaps another question...

If I were to shoot A and B rolls with the A7iii and A6600 - should I shoot the 7iii in Super 35 mode so that both A and B rolls will match?

Thad E Ginathom

TalkEmount Top Veteran
By the way. There's another setting that makes the (actual) movie button only work in movie mode. Hard as it is to press it when wanted, I find it all to easy to press when I don't! :dash2:

Again, based on a6500.

Latest threads

Top Bottom