1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Processing delay

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by wpereira, May 9, 2013.

1. wpereira

wpereira TalkEmount Rookie

May 6, 2013
    Is it normal to see a "Processing" message on the LCD for a few seconds after taking a picture.... I have a Sony Nex-6 and find it odd there is a processing delay in between shots... I'm shooting in JPG by the way. I tried turning off DRO and also setting high ISO noise reduction to low but still seeing the "Processing" message in between shots. Is anyone seeing this behavior on their NEX cameras or is there something with my settings that's causing this behavior?

2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    That is caused by the long exposure noise reduction, which takes an equal length exposure of a dark screen to remove hot pixels. Turn that feature off and it will no longer give you the "Processing..." message.

3. wpereira

wpereira TalkEmount Rookie

May 6, 2013
    Thanks for the quick reply... I turned that off but it didn't help... turns out it was the soft skin effect option. I had that on which was causing the processing delay. Turned that off and the delay's gone. Hopefully that helps someone that may run into the same issue in the future. I got to say coming from a Nikon DSLR the Nex-6 is a fabulous camera and except for the Auto-iso fine tuning capability and battery performance there's not much else to not like about it.

4. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Well, I never would have guessed that since I've never used it. Good to know for sure. :)

5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Ya many of the extra features like Panorama and HDR, need more processing time.