Problems with 55-210 mounted on A6000

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by TedG954, Mar 12, 2017.

1. TedG954

TedG954 TalkEmount All-Pro

Nov 29, 2014
    South Florida and NE Ohio
    Ted Gersdorf
    I shot a lot of photos this weekend with my A6k and the 55-210. There were many instances where the image would darken, sometimes the focus indicators would go off, and sometimes completely blackout. I wiggled the lens, turned the camera off and on. Sometimes I removed and reinstalled the battery. I never noticed the problem with other lenses.

Has anyone experienced this problem? Solution?
    Thanks.

2. Hawkman

Hawkman TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    Hmmm, that is odd. I can't say I've ever experienced that set of problems with any lens. I have occasionally noticed a change in brightness/exposure in images from one to the other, but I've always put that down to auto-white balance or auto-exposure issues generally and assumed it was more camera-based than lens-based. Never had the lack of focus indicators or blackouts that I can recall... knock on wood.

• Like Like x 1
  3. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    I had focus indicator problems with my old Nex-6/18-105 G before. Strange thing is that it didn't do it with other lenses. I'm pretty sure it was the electronic contacts of the lens...

• Like Like x 1
  4. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Never experienced that with my copy. The lightening/darkening, yes, but have seen that on other lenses and I account it to Auto ISO adjusting the exposure.
    Try wiping off the contacts on the lens and camera with some alcohol.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. TedG954

TedG954 TalkEmount All-Pro

Nov 29, 2014
    South Florida and NE Ohio
    Ted Gersdorf
    THANK YOU.

I cleaned the contacts and it appears that my "problem" has left the building.

:bravo-009:

• Like Like x 3
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1