1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Problem with adapter

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by AlwaysOnAuto, Jul 28, 2016.

1. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    I have a Fotodiox Minolta-Nex adapter that works on my Nex-7 but not on my A7ii.
    Has anyone else run into this and if so, what is the cause/solution. I'd really like to use my 58mm f1.4 Minolta lens with the A7ii.
    Thanks.

2. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    You can check their website of course...I would assume the different camera would take a different adapter

3. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    I use a Fotodiox Minolta adapter on an A6000. What is not working on the A7ii? E-mount is E-mount, for the most part, so assuming it is the same non-electronic adapter I cannot imagince what is failing.

4. VLReviews

VLReviews TalkEmount Regular

Mar 16, 2015
    Germany
    Benjamin
    It's a known problem with "older" manual adapters that came out, before Sony changed the mounting springs on the E mount with the first gen A7S. The A7 and A7R as well as all NEXes use plastic springs in the mount, which are more forgiving concerning adapters that fit too snuggly. Since the A7S/A6000, those adapters can hardly be mounted anymore, because Sony switched to metal springs. You can either get a newer adapter or - if you're skilled - try to file down the thickness of the mounting ridges on the one you own. That might be tricky, though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    Huh. Well, have had mine forever, first adapter I ever bought. I don't remember if it was also on my previous 5N/6 bodies or just the A6000, but at some point I noticed the Fotodiox did fit really tight. There are some adjusting springs on the inside of the adapter, and just had to open them up a bit. I do not know if it applies in this case or not, but could be worth a shot (no pun intended).

6. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    Thanks everybody. It's been a while since I tried it as I've been using my Nikon adapter the most lately.
    From what I remember, it just doesn't seem to turn far enough to lock on, so that could be the spring thickness problem.
    I'll have to dig it out and try to investigate a little more. It may be easier to just get another one.

7. Nino Xerri

Nino Xerri TalkEmount Regular

Jun 13, 2016
    Nino Xerri
    On my Nikon Lens and the others that are Nikon Mounts, I use the Metabones N/F-E Mount adaptor on my a6000. Yes it is a tight fit, but I have not had any issues what so ever.