• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Printing on metal...

doublezd

TalkEmount Regular
I've never considered printing on metal before but I am thinking about it for some images I'm going to hang in a restaurant and a gallery.

I know there are a number of online places to choose from....does anyone have recommendations for getting excellent metal prints -- approx. 16x20 or larger-- for very detailed, large files (TIFF)?

I shoot abandoned transportation (ships, trains, etc), and abandoned buildings (both inside and out).

Outside shots are usually during blue hour so there is vivid color.

The shots have a lot of detail which I hope to get on the prints.

Thank you.

ijm5012

TalkEmount Regular
Aluminyze is the big one I know of, but CG Pro Prints also started doing Aluminum prints. I haven't gotten an Aluminum print through them, but they're who I use for all of my canvas prints. I've been very pleased with the quality of the prints from them thus far.

doublezd

TalkEmount Regular
Aluminyze is the big one I know of, but CG Pro Prints also started doing Aluminum prints. I haven't gotten an Aluminum print through them, but they're who I use for all of my canvas prints. I've been very pleased with the quality of the prints from them thus far.

Thank you ijm5012

-et-

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Tom
I've never considered printing on metal before but I am thinking about it for some images I'm going to hang in a restaurant and a gallery.

I know there are a number of online places to choose from....does anyone have recommendations for getting excellent metal prints -- approx. 16x20 or larger-- for very detailed, large files (TIFF)?
I have never had a metal print from anyone, but I know that AdoramaPix in New York has been doing them for years. I have had photo books, framed prints, and "normal" prints done by them over the years and have always been satisfied, so I would expect their metal prints to be good also.

In fact, I currently have a 12"x18" framed print on order from them because they are in the middle of a sale on everything they do. It started last weekend at 30% off of normal prices and the discount has been decreasing by 1% each day, so it should currently be somewhere around 24-25% off of their normal prices (which are already competitive).

- Tom -

doublezd

TalkEmount Regular
I have never had a metal print from anyone, but I know that AdoramaPix in New York has been doing them for years. I have had photo books, framed prints, and "normal" prints done by them over the years and have always been satisfied, so I would expect their metal prints to be good also.

In fact, I currently have a 12"x18" framed print on order from them because they are in the middle of a sale on everything they do. It started last weekend at 30% off of normal prices and the discount has been decreasing by 1% each day, so it should currently be somewhere around 24-25% off of their normal prices (which are already competitive).

- Tom -

Thank you Tom.

chalkdust

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Bert Cheney
We have two 8X10 metal prints, both from AdoramaPix, one that is excellent (image from a professional photographer) and one that is very good (image from me).

Latest threads

Top Bottom