1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Prague

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Amamba, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Amamba

Amamba TalkEmount All-Pro

Apr 13, 2013
    SE MI
    So, we finally came back from a trip to Prague, which was amazing. I have hundreds of photos and very little time to work on them... but just wanted to post this one, the view of the Prague Castle from Charles' bridge. (Do you think it's oversaturated, btw ? I wanted to convey the beauty & colors of the city on the sunny day, but may have gone overboard...)

DSC06737 4a by BugsDaddy, on Flickr

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 14
  2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    That's a beautiful photo and not over-saturated at all IMO :)

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    I'm no authority, but it looks fine to me...

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  4. Amamba

Apr 13, 2013
    SE MI
    I just looked at it on the iPad and realized that my monitor calibration is WAY off. Luckily it turned out OK :)

5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Agred. Looks fine over here.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  6. Amamba

Apr 13, 2013
    SE MI
    One more. This is the view of the Old Town Square from the top of the Old Town Hall tower. While I have somewhat better photos of this place, this one is a bit special for me because this is the first time I used the Panorama feature to get a "real" photo (I was playing with it a bit when I first got my Nex, but basically kept avoiding it because it can't be used with Raw). I do wish I had a Raw file to better lift shadows and lower highlights, still the overall result after some time in PSP is rather pleasing, considering that it was a rather harshly lit scene.

25908139073_7a6bf965b8_k. DSC06929a by BugsDaddy, on Flickr

• Like Like x 9
  7. Amamba

Apr 13, 2013
    SE MI
    Just for shits & giggles, here's the original out of camera file. Look at the narrow street to the right of the cathedral. It's amazing how much shadow detail can be recovered even from a Jpeg.

DSC06929 by BugsDaddy, on Flickr

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Amamba

Apr 13, 2013
    SE MI
    And the final one for today... the Old Town Hall at night.. taken using the lowly SELP1650, JPEG processed in PSP. I do have the RAW but got lazy.

25908981323_f398d4eaf4_k. DSC07802a by BugsDaddy, on Flickr

• Like Like x 7
  9. Jefenator

Jefenator TalkEmount Top Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    Oregon, USA
    Jeff
    Thanks for sharing - colors look nice and life-like to me. (I'd probably straighten up that panorama a bit - looks like there's room to scoot it a degree or so counterclockwise and still have a nice composition.)

10. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Impressive. But now there's another place that I haven't yet visited, that I now must visit.

And yeah, on my recent road trip I posted only jpg screen previews tarted up in Snapseed. They were more than "good enough."

Edit: But if I'm going to be hypercritical, isn't that a little posterization I see in that panorama's sky?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Amamba

Apr 13, 2013
    SE MI
    If you haven't been to Prague, it's definitely worth the trip. TBH I liked Paris more, but Prague is beautiful and unique in it's own way. And a short trip from Vienna, yet another beautiful city.

Which panorama are you referring to ? If the daytime one, it's not very noticeable on my monitor. The night shot does have some.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    It's the daytime pano. Maybe it's a forum compression artifact, who knows? Still a great photo.

• Like Like x 1
  13. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Lovely vistas! Definitely worth a visit.

• Like Like x 1
  14. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Yeap, the processed pano looks great!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul TalkEmount Veteran

Feb 14, 2016
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Paul
    Lovely photos, Prague is a great place to visit.
    My only comment is on the first one the sky looks a bit over done, maybe try lightening the sky hue or reducing the sky saturation a bit but the buildings etc are fine.

Paul

• Like Like x 1