Potential New Sigma E-Mount Lenses

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount News and Rumors' started by Hawkman, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Hawkman

Hawkman TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Over on SonyAlphaRumors.com they are reporting about a possible Sigma 24mm f/2.8 DN Art APS-C E-mount Lens that could be released in September. They also claim to have info that points to a 23mm f/2.8 FE Sigma lens intended to complement Sony's new 28/2 FE lens.

If either are true, it's certainly good news for the E-mount ecosystem. Personally I'd love to see a quality affordable 24mm APS-C option.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. HabsFan

HabsFan TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 10, 2013
    Ontario, CAN
    Yeah, I just saw this on SAR as well. I always though Sigma might be reluctant to add a 24mm given they have a 19mm and 30mm already. A 24mm would fit nicely in between.

If this lens has the quality of the 30mm and is pretty compact, it will be a real winner. Although f/2 would be better, I could live with an f/2.8.
  3. BJW

BJW TalkEmount Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    It is what it is. It looks to be interesting.
  4. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Ad Dieleman
    I'd welcome a Sigma FE 23/2.8, especially if they stick to the same price level as the present E-mount lenses. If the price goes towards € 400, I'll pass and save up my money for an FE 16-35/4.
  5. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    That FE would be nice if it's inexpensive
  6. dbmiller

dbmiller TalkEmount Top Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    New England
    I doubt they would do both. Why do a 24mm/2.8 APS-C lens if you have a 23+/2.8 FF lens? Just use the FF lens on the APS-C cameras and cover both with one production lens.

So while they might be doing a 24/2.8 - It'll be FF or APC-S and not both. I'd love to see a FF version, my SEL24F18Z works well :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Hopefully they keep supporting the E Mount. They have quite a good rep and following here.
  8. soeren

soeren TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 12, 2014
    Næstved, Denmark
    I know its just one stop but pleeeeaaase can't we have them in f/2 :bowdown:
    Best regards
    edit oh a bit late with that request.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Alex66

Alex66 TalkEmount Regular

Dec 23, 2014
    24mm at the price of the other Sigmas bring it on, I quite like the 35mm point of view but don't use it enough to buy the Zeiss.