1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Potential New Sigma E-Mount Lenses

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount News and Rumors' started by Hawkman, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Hawkman

Hawkman TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    Over on SonyAlphaRumors.com they are reporting about a possible Sigma 24mm f/2.8 DN Art APS-C E-mount Lens that could be released in September. They also claim to have info that points to a 23mm f/2.8 FE Sigma lens intended to complement Sony's new 28/2 FE lens.

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr2-sigma-to-announce-a-new-fe-23mm-f2-8-lens-in-october/

If either are true, it's certainly good news for the E-mount ecosystem. Personally I'd love to see a quality affordable 24mm APS-C option.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. HabsFan

HabsFan TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 10, 2013
    Ontario, CAN
    Yeah, I just saw this on SAR as well. I always though Sigma might be reluctant to add a 24mm given they have a 19mm and 30mm already. A 24mm would fit nicely in between.

If this lens has the quality of the 30mm and is pretty compact, it will be a real winner. Although f/2 would be better, I could live with an f/2.8.

3. BJW

BJW TalkEmount Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    USA
    Bruce
    It is what it is. It looks to be interesting.
    bruce

4. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    I'd welcome a Sigma FE 23/2.8, especially if they stick to the same price level as the present E-mount lenses. If the price goes towards € 400, I'll pass and save up my money for an FE 16-35/4.

5. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    That FE would be nice if it's inexpensive

6. dbmiller

dbmiller TalkEmount Top Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    New England
    I doubt they would do both. Why do a 24mm/2.8 APS-C lens if you have a 23+/2.8 FF lens? Just use the FF lens on the APS-C cameras and cover both with one production lens.

So while they might be doing a 24/2.8 - It'll be FF or APC-S and not both. I'd love to see a FF version, my SEL24F18Z works well :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Hopefully they keep supporting the E Mount. They have quite a good rep and following here.

8. soeren

soeren TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 12, 2014
    Næstved, Denmark
    Soeren
    I know its just one stop but pleeeeaaase can't we have them in f/2 :bowdown:
    Best regards
    edit oh a bit late with that request.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Alex66

Alex66 TalkEmount Regular

Dec 23, 2014
    24mm at the price of the other Sigmas bring it on, I quite like the 35mm point of view but don't use it enough to buy the Zeiss.