Post Processing in LR

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Deadbear77, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Deadbear77

Deadbear77 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
    I seem to remember someone saying that they developed a preset that mimicked the out of camera jpg images.

If you are willing to share your secrets please let me know.

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using TalkNEX mobile app

2. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    What I did is I downloaded the Adobe Lightroom colour profiles for my NEX-7 from here (scroll down a bit, there are profiles for the NEX-6 on that page too.) then I shot in Raw & Jpeg for awhile and adjusted the profile I prefer (Landscape) until it matched to my eyes what I saw in the Jpeg, then I saved it as a preset to add on import.

So, now when I import the Raw file it auto adds that preset and it looks really close to the Jpeg Sony would have given me OOC and looks like exactly like what I saw on the viewfinder/screen of my NEX-7.

3. Deadbear77

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
    Thanks but I can't figure out how to install on my mac? Can't find a folder or anything for camera raw.

4. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    The Library folder is hidden in OSX Lion and Mountain Lion. Go here to learn how to 'unhide' it.

Then go to 'user' > Library > Application Support > Adobe > CameraRaw > CameraProfiles

and put it in there. Don't overwrite.

Keep the library unhidden as it gives you access to Lightroom too 'user' > Library > Application Support > Adobe > Lightroom

Which gives you access to the folder Develop Presets. I keep a copy of that folder as a back up in Dropbox so that if anything happened to my Lightroom installation, I can have all my presets back without guessing.

5. Deadbear77

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
    Got it bro!