1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Post photos of your camera bags

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by Archer, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Archer

Archer TalkEmount Regular

Aug 19, 2013
    London, England
    I just got an NEX 5N.

One of the reasons for getting an NEX Camera is it's small size.
    I often fly on airlines where it's hand luggage only, so I didn't want a massive SLR that took up my tiny 10kg allowance and this camera is small enough to put in my coat pocket.

but I want to buy a bag to put my camera in with it's kit 18mm to 55mm lens, with the external flash connected.

Does anyone use a nice bag? If so can you post a photo of what it looks like, perhaps from more then one angle.

I particularly want to buy a bag that DOESN'T look like it is a camera bag.
    I don't want to attract attention to myself from pickpockets, bag thieves, etc, so the last thing I want is to be carrying a bag with a SONY logo on it. or anything which tell any would be thief there's an expensive camera in that bag.

2. bopfan

bopfan TalkEmount Regular

Jul 21, 2013
    Worthington, Ohio
    Denny
    I have one of these: UTG Multi-functional Tactical Messenger Bag You can check it out at Amazon.com. Assuming that they sell it in the UK. It definitely does not look like a camera bag. Price is $30 US.
    61yB9cwCcJL._SL1000_. 71uTHdZANCL._SL1000_.

3. Archer

Aug 19, 2013
    London, England
    That's nice bag, certainly good for taking lots of things in.

I was looking for something as small and simple as possible to take my camera in.

Something a bit like this kind of look

Eastpak-The-One-Messenger-Bag---Blakout-Funky.

I'd also love if there was something like this I could clip to my belt for the NEX 5N + 16mm lens

40391_NeoprenePouch_a_902.

4. fstoperture

fstoperture New to TalkEmount

Aug 3, 2013
    This is the Sony NEX sling bag. Expensive, but well built. It's as long as a keyboard. Holds my nex 6 sigma 30mm, 19mm, Sony 55-210mm and 16mm w/fisheye. And that's just one pocket...the other holds my memory cards, charger, filters, etc.

ImageUploadedByTalkNEX1378002249.205017. ImageUploadedByTalkNEX1378002258.691683.

5. bopfan

Jul 21, 2013
    Worthington, Ohio
    Denny
    Is the sling bag made by Sony?

6. fstoperture

fstoperture New to TalkEmount

Aug 3, 2013
    Yup, mentioned it on the first line.

7. Archer

Aug 19, 2013
    London, England
    I'd love something like this, would come in useful on holiday - camera is very close to hand but can be hidden under a coat, so it doesn't even look like you have any bag on you.

leicam9_holster.

8. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    I think this is what you're looking for:
    (check post #83 in link: https://www.talkemount.com/f13/what-bags-people-using-their-nex-5n-284/index9.html )

...and post #12 here:
    ( https://www.talkemount.com/f13/bag-s-nex-6-a-3024/index2.html )

Think Tank Retrospective 5
    Retrospective 5 (Pinestone)

;)

9. izTheViz

izTheViz TalkEmount Top Veteran

May 10, 2013
    Paris
    Yannis Marigo
  10. bopfan

Jul 21, 2013
    Worthington, Ohio
    Denny
    yeah, I read that and saw, what looked like, the Sony logo on the bag. just never saw one before and wanted to make sure. neat bag for sure!