1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

PlayMemories apps and A7II

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by msullivan, Jan 1, 2015.

1. msullivan

msullivan TalkEmount Regular

Jan 11, 2013
    Phoenix AZ
    Does anyone know why so few apps are compatible with the new A7II? From what we have heard it is very similar to the A7 but only about a half dozen apps are available. Even the upload apps are missing.

2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    The App Store has been very disappointing throughout.

Why there are even less for the A7's, I don't know. Perhaps they are not compatable, or the software designers simply don't care.

3. msullivan

msullivan TalkEmount Regular

Jan 11, 2013
    Phoenix AZ
    It is difficult to believe that the computer or operating system in the A7II is very different from the A7/R/S. I wonder if it is just a matter of someone not updating the sales software database. Oh well, I never used them much with my A6000.

4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    I just get the idea that they simply gave up.

5. JonLi

JonLi New to TalkEmount

Nov 11, 2014
    Jakarta Indonesia
    Jon Li
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Heyrudeboy

Heyrudeboy New to TalkEmount

Jan 19, 2015
    I purchased many of the Play Memories Apps and used them all the time on my A6000. Having upgraded my camera to the A7ii I now feel robbed as the apps I purchased I can no longer use. It's like someone took my purchases and threw them in the bin. £20 I'll never get back.
    Sony support Sucks.

7. José De Bardi

José De Bardi Assistant in Virtue

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    José
    Give them a few weeks, they will get updated. It was the same when the A6000 came out, took a while for the app developers to catch up.

8. riskinstrument

riskinstrument TalkEmount Regular

Nov 20, 2014
    Dallas, Texas.
    On the p/m website lists the A7ii as working with the remote. Tried changing image size sent to phone and both phone and A7 froze. When they started working again A7ii would not auto focus . Eventually had to do full reset to get it working.

9. riskinstrument

riskinstrument TalkEmount Regular

Nov 20, 2014
    Dallas, Texas.
    Checked website and version on camera wasn't current. Downloaded newest version and works great now.

• Like Like x 1
  10. robbie36

robbie36 TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 21, 2014
    Also you can change the jpeg size sent to the phone under 'image size' in the camera menu.